Janes USAF Demo WOW!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes USAF Demo WOW!!!!

I down loaded this 50megger and if you want to see your G400 in its glory this is a title that really showcases. I can run it 1280 @32bit full boat! and the gameplay is smooooth. The colors and graphics are incredible!!! Even if you dont like Jet simms (I don't really care for then) This is still worth the trouble just to see the G400 go to work! I can't tell you what an amazing gaming engine this is. Not like the WWII Fighters where you need a cray to max it. The missiles look real when you are are on external view. Real cool game. Have to spend some time to learn it. A PDF is enclosed in the Zip with the keyboard layout like in all Janes simms. Take a look at this one!

------------------
    PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

How about a link to the download site

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

I agree 100%. I was curious if Janes was using the same ole game engine as their last sim. My jaw dropped when I saw the screen (which I initially set to 1600x1200!). Wow...this is the best I have seen from an aircraft sim.

Elie, one of the links you are looking for: http://www.3dfiles.com/games/usaf.shtml

Comment

I agree also, I just spent the last 4 1/2 hrs downloading this mother because I am A huge flight sim fan. I love being able to crank ALL the settings on high and still get good framerates. The graphics are amazing. On the 19th when this game is released, Falcon 4 is going in the trash.BTW I read somewhere that it may come with a headset and be voice activated, that would be the Sh*t. Later

------------------
        Asus P2b(1010),P3 450,128 mb pc100,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98
        Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

Hehe, I was talking to game for half an hour trying to get voice recognition to work. Press CAPS LOCK, "Flare Flare"...."Eject Eject".....
          So my wife rolled her eyes to the back of her head.
          I went back to the preferences and discovered that (heh) the voice recognition radio checkbox is grey out indicating that is not an option for the demo.
          Frank.

Comment

Go to the store and buy a headset for 20 bucks and use Roger Wilco. I have been using it for a while now. On the JCN it was a blast with WWII fighters. Roger Wilco is free also. I still want the Ultimate WWII Flight simm. Its is yet to be made....

------------------
            PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

Lamfdtk,
              do you think you need to have voice recognition software installed on the system before it works in a game. Or does the game install all the required software for in game use.
              Frank.

Comment

Yes this new combat flight simulator will be a great game ! Bye bye Falcon 4...
                In 1280x1024 - 16 bits its smooth except in the virtual cokcpit (its a little bit slow)
                In 1024x764 - 32 bits no comments its very very good !

I cannot wait, i hope this game will be available soon in France...

Comment

I really don't know about VR software and this title. Ever try RW?.....

------------------

Comment

Hi Frank,
                    Not completely sure about this title but Delta Force 2, which is coming out soon, has Novalogic's VON (Voice Over Network) incorporated. I think it's going to be in all their future sims (Armoured Fist 3, F-22 Lightning 3). You don't need other voice recognition software installed, only a decent headset if one isn't supplied with the game.

I think what you might need though is a neural-link so your wife doesn't hear you when you are 'ejecting' all over the place. We are talking about a flight sim here?

Cheers

Comment

hehe....

Comment

I've got the demo running on my P3 @632 MHz (115 X 5.5) Asus P3B-F W/256 Megs of PC 133 RAM. G400 Max clocked @ 106%.

I get annoying pauses while playing the game at 1024 X 768 X 32. The game chugs along smoothly and then you'll get a split second or up to a 1 second pause. Pauses are occuring about every 20 seconds or so.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hey, Punchdog, I get this to and I don't have no P3600. I thought it was my slower processor (337), but I see that it isn't related. Maybe Janes needs to take a look at something here.

------------------
                          AssuP2B ,300a at 337, 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound,2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.25 w/beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

It's strange sometimes i get that sometimes not. But since i have defreagged and reinstalled, I dont get problems. But thats also due to the fact that I have chosen 1280x1024 and stuck with it. I havnt changed the config settings. I also made the config file read only so it cant change them now that its running good.

Comment

Wow is right! I installed this demo last night on my 'lowly' PII-412/G200 thinking it was going to run like a dog like most of EA's/Janes other sims with eye candy up full. I was so impressed I can't remember if I set it to 800x600 or 1024x768. It's gorgeous! Smooooooooth. Spent most of my time on out of cockpit views doing rolls, popping flares and firing off AGM's. Mission? What mission?

I did notice a distinct slowdown when there were multiple explosions onscreen.

I didn't even eject once though

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X