Attn: Haig, Rom, etc. Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Haig, Rom, etc. Bug Report

X-Plane is becoming a very popular flight simulator among the hardcore, and even general consumer flight sim enthusiast. I cannot get this game to load with my G400 MAX, latest drivers and BIOS, Win98SE, 256 Megs RAM, SB Live, BH6, PIII500 system. The demo is available at www.x-plane.com. Pasted below is the same text I entered in the Driver Features Request Page at Matrox's Web site. I would greatly appreciate if a Matrox Representitive would add this game to the list of driver issues to tackle. The X-Plane Rep says it is a Matrox issue. I don't know whether it is or not, but please take a look. Thanks for your time, and a great product.

-Pasted Text from driver request page
    Support for X-Plane. X-Plane is probably the best consumer level flight simulator available for the PC. I recently tried to run the demo, which is available from www.x-plane.com, and it crashes every time with my G400 MAX and the latest BIOS and 5.30 drivers under Windows 98 SE. I emailed the company, and pasted below is my correspondence. Thanks for your time;

***My inquiry***
    Hi. I am very interested in X-Plane, but fear that it may not run on my system. I recently downloaded the X-Plane demo, but every time I tried to run it, it would crash the system with an error. If I remember correctly, it may have been a kernel32 error message. I have a P3 500, a Matrox G400 MAX with the latest 5.30 drivers that include "full" opengl support, and a Sound Blaster Live sound card. If you have any information on solving the issues I am having, I would be happy to order the full product. Thanks for your time.

***X-Planes Response***
    The crash is related to the opengl drivers, there is no question of that (I am sure you have at least 96 meg of RAM, 8 meg of VRAM)... they claim full opengl support, but if there are bugs in their drivers, or their drivers are not correctly installed, then the crash you describe will occur.

austin

Working...
X