Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the story with Re-Volt !?!

Hi all.

Re-Volt is crashing. It is random lockups, even when it is loading. Is this a driver issue? Does Matrox know about this ?
    I have a MAX and using DX7.0, PD5.30...

It is not better with 5.25, not when i tried it.

Is Matrox doing something or is it Re-Volts drivers???

Anyone ?

/Rimfaxe

[This message has been edited by Rimfaxe (edited 01 November 1999).]

Revolt is touchy. Believe me I know .

Firstly, upgrade to v1.10 (download from http://www.revolt.com if you haven’t already).

Secondly, go into the graphics options when you start the game and make sure that you have Texture Filtering set to "Linear". If it says "Linear" already, it will really be set to "Anisotropic" - this is a bug in Re-Volt. Change it to "Anisotropic" and back to "Linear" then play the game. Remember to change this setting every-time you load Re-Volt or you’ll get crashes.

I’ve been play Re-Volt to death with a G400Max and this solved it for me so I hope it helps.

Disclaimer - If any of this isn’t clear, let me know and I’ll be happy to explain it again. (I’ve been to the pub) .

------------------
    Chris Blake

Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 192Mb RAM, G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff
    Chris Blake

Comment

Hi Rimfaxe...

Have you tried running Re-Volt with DirectX 6?
      I have a G200 board and the game played fine but only before I installed Dx7! The everything started crashing.... I removed Dx7 and installed Dx6 again, and voila... the game runs beautifuly now...
      It's not only a Matrox issue... I asked my friend with a TNT board from ASUS and he said exactly the same thing happened with his board too... Well that darned Microsoft :-)

Comment

Hi Chris Blake.

Nope, it did not work at all. It crashed even earlier...

And, M$ has made DX7 nonuninstallble... I can not uninstall it! Probs with some files... DX6.1 will not overwrite. Bill has done this one safe for idiot's... Am I one?

Really, is this one going to be solved?

/Rimfaxe

Comment

Eh, sorry Rimfaxe that it didn't work...

Maybe you could say something more about your configuration? Processor, motherboard and that kind of stuff....

Comment

Rimfaxe

I dunno what your problem is with DX7, installed no problem on my machine. You could try rinstalling windows and then DX7 - sometimes it's the only way .

Anyway, what's your system spec and do you have AGPx2 enabled?

------------------
            Chris Blake

Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 192Mb RAM, G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff
            Chris Blake

Comment

Hi Chris:

Just to let you know that instead of changing the texture filter everytime you start a game in Revolt......You could just disable Anisotropic filter in your G400 using the registry hack.
              After that you will get the Linear Filter by default. The Aniso. Filter is almost of NO use now as the G400 implement only part of this feature and almost no games requires it.

In my case I got no problem with it turned on except my framerate is dropped in half with it enabled in Revolt.

GTI.

Comment

Working...
              X