Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me figure this out? Tech Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me figure this out? Tech Help!

Hello Murcers,

Ok, lemme start off by saying ive been visting these forums for quite sometime now, and ive had no problems with my G400...up until now. I purchased my OEM G400 32 Single Head about 1 month after the G400's started shipping. It took me a while to get it running on my rig, but i got it running great with help from this forum and reg hacks etc...Now...months have gone by with no problems at all...used all the new driver versions..etc...wonderful gaming. But, like last week...i was playing Kingpin(which i play religiously)...and experienced a rare system lock up...so i did a hard reboot and returned to kingpin and kept playing. The next day i turn on my PC to play more Kingpin(of course)...jump online...get on a server...and when i enter the game i take 2 steps and it completely locks up....i reboot and try again...and it locks again...so i tried other games...All Open gl games will not run anymore. The only game i can play on my G400 is the new Delta Force 2 which supports D3D in 32 bit. I have used all registry hacks in order to get this card running months ago...and now all of a sudden it doesnt work. I have done nothing to my config or the card in the months from which i bought it and finally got it working....up until now...I have had the card overclocked from 125 to 145mhz ever since MGA Tweak has been out...but if the card was damaged from overclocking the it wouldnt run at all...so that cant be a factor. I have tried updating the cards BIOS...and it does nothing. There are no other left over remains of drivers from any other video card because i did a complete reformat of my HDD and a fresh Win98 install when i got the card months ago. I cant figure it out at all...So now i am forced to fall back on a Voodoo3 2000...which isnt bad for speed but i miss my image quality that i paid for....it looks as if im going to be forced to upgrade sooner than i planned, if i cant resolve this problem... Thank you for your time....and please write back if you have any ideas what so ever.

------------------
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

[This message has been edited by CoolBreeze (edited 05 November 1999).]
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Have you tried a BIOS recovery.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Working...
    X