system questions, plZ help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system questions, plZ help

I bought my CPU about 11 months ago- it has a 10 gig HD,64MB ram, etc.... lately I have noticed that it stops responding when I select something, unless I click my mouse again..... display properties being the most common..... I cant figure as to why.... I have download and installed about 50 gig worth of stuff on my machine, and am thinking its time to reformat......

What do you think?
    When would you know to reformat?
    whats the safest way to format?
    how long will it take?
    who killed Kennedy?

really though- any help would be appreciated.
    a digital display of evolution
    (G200 with aid of Diamond Monster 3D II-SLI)

system specs would be nice...

Comment

hmmm, they would be irrelivant, i would think.... its a 350mhz, 64Mb ram, I dont have anything more precise at the moment... my questions were simply...

"how would you know when you need to reformat

Comment

posted 02 November 1999 15:51
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I bought my CPU about 11 months ago- it has a 10 gig HD,64MB ram, etc.... lately I have noticed that it stops responding when I select something, unless I click my mouse again..... display properties being the most common..... I cant figure as to why.... I have download and installed about 50 gig worth of stuff on my machine, and am thinking its time to reformat......
        What do you think?
        When would you know to reformat?
        whats the safest way to format?
        how long will it take?
        who killed Kennedy?

really though- any help would be appreciated.

Comment

ok then, you want an simple answer to this question? Then it's time to reformat when you need to ask people if they think it's time. If you have doubts, then yes, it is time.

Comment

Dunno, but to me it sounds like an IRQ conflict. I've also had similar problems when a network card is attached, but no network is available.

On the other hand, a reformat is very often a good way to get rid of old programs and system parts causing problems.

Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

Comment

hmmm...

My system works and runs fine.. its almost not a big deal, the reason I asked is becuase a few people have told me that OEM shit onn your HD is not good, Which makes since, and I didnt know if the delay was in part becuase I have had many of shit installed, and removed on the system... maybe when I learn to reformat I will do it.

Comment

When u say it stops responding, do u mean it freezes and u have to restart or just momentarily, i learnt to reformat by watchin me friends, its a lil complicated to say online, email me i think me emails on this forum somewheres.
                ClawZ

Comment

Working...
                X