Best way to setup for Max install???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to setup for Max install???

Ok guys my Max is on the way, What to do about my V2 sli rig? Remove or not? I have a P2-400,128 mg. G200. Also do I reinstall unreal Q2, HL? Any tips from you guys out in front?

Yeh. Forget about the G400!

Unless you dope out the cash for a Pentium-III, you will be better off with your SLI-V2. Trust me on that one!

(Have removed my G400, in wait for Matrox to cough up som serious drivers, and reinstalled my SLI-V2 (12MB))
    -TDS

Comment

I still can´t understand why people trade 5-10 fps (like 40 to 50) for 16 bit, whashed out colors and ugly banding.

Even unreal looks stunning (and fast) with the latest drivers in D3D.

And lets talk HL, the "suposed" G400 weak spot. I play it at 1152x864, 32 bit z-buffer and the fps hardly drops below 30-35 fps. Average around 45. Stunning visuals and color saturation.

Well, it´s a matter of taste.

Comment

D3D... You sound like someone from "Bill's" staff. I'm talking OpenGL. (Since I run a SMP system, there would be little point in running '98, or what), and, the D3D in NT is? Ahhh.... 2000... Yeah Matrox has posted a driver... WITH NO OPENGL OR D3D WHATSOEVER! I _STILL_ say wait with a G400 'till Matroz cough up some _REAL_ drivers!

Comment

The guy wasn´t asking about NT or some beta unreleased OS support. I bet he doesn´t use NT. He was asking if he should dump his SLI or not. I said yes, go for it. The discussion wasn´t about NT whatsoever.

Comment

Hello Ralston!
            I´m a former Voodoo-fan but now, when i Bought the G400 MAX, I´ve change my mind. The picture are much clearer and the better colordepth really shows. Ok, so the voodoo SLI may get a few fps more on your machine but the G400 MAX is more than enough, even on a P2. On my P2-350 I play NHL 2000 in 1024X768 whith every feature on on my Sony triniton TV and it´s beautiful.

3 reasons to choose teh MAX over the voodoo´s:
            1 - Much better picture and details
            2 - Great for games AND applications
            3 - Will last a long time before replacement

And if you in a year or so are planning to buy a new CPU, the card will performe even better.

///Petter

------------------
            PII 350
            64 SDRAM PC100
            G400 32 DH MAX
            SB LIVE PLAYER 1024
            TAXAN 17"
            GRAVIS Xterminator (buy it, the best gamepad in the world)
            PII 350
            64 SDRAM PC100
            G400 32 DH MAX
            SB LIVE PLAYER 1024
            TAXAN 17"
            GRAVIS Xterminator (buy it, the best gamepad in the world)

Comment

The fact that you're obtaining a Max seems to imply that you're changing out your primary video adapter for it.

If you can deal with doing so, it's probably best to reinstall the OS. Yes, primary video drivers matter that much to the system. You will exchange probable hassle over leftover settings from your old video card for the hassle of reinstalling everything.

Comment

Working...
              X