Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max and Nascar 3

Hi All,
    I have noticed something with the Max and Nascar 3 that I have not seen mentioned before. First my system:
    Asus P3BF
    PIII 550 (no OC)
    MAX (of course)
    RRG
    SB Live
    2940U2W
    10 GB Cheetah
    Quantum3D X-24 (Voodoo 2 SLI)
    Various CDs and Zip on SCSI
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510
    PDPI game card
    USR Internal ISDN
    No shared IRQs
    Win 98 SE
    DirectX 7
    Latest G400 and V2 drivers

Here is what I have seen: Nascar 3 has both a Glide mode and a D3D mode. The framerates are capped at 31 in either mode. Using the Max in D3D there is stuttering when exiting the turns. The FR can drop to as low as 22-24 and then gets right back to the cap. With the V2, the FR stays right at 30-31 no matter what the situation.

I am running both modes at 1024x768x16 with all graphics on and anti alising(sp) is checked in Glide. The standard 12 cars are drawn ahead, look ahead is 5, and skidmarks is high. The Max has vsync turned off with Matrox Tweak and clocked as high as 107% with no on screen distortions. The V2 is clocked at 95 mhz (5 above a normal SLI setup) and vsync is disabled. I am using the 3dcc utility to assure that I am using the Max for Direct X apps.

Is anyone running N3 that can share their experience with the G400? Maybe N3 Glide will always run better than the D3D mode. Has anyone seen a performance decrease with DirectX 7? The visual quality of the Max and D3D is far superior to Glide. I would love to run the Max in N3 but have to use the V2 because framerates are life in on-line racing. This is not a Matrox flame, I'm just sharing an observation and asking if anyone else can comment on this game. I am a long time Matrox fan as I have owned "several" Matrox cards.

Robert Roschen

I too, had a problem with frame rates in Nascar3. What I did was to lower the Tweak slider bar down to around 106 - 106.4 for a better frame rate. Once I find the best rate through 3dMark99 I lock in. I also have a little cooling fan on the chip heatsink and the case runs cool. All I know is the G400 runs Nascar3 better than My G200.

Bob

Comment

Working...
    X