Direct 3D/Direct X freeze with G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct 3D/Direct X freeze with G400

I have a G400 dual head on a Athlon 650, MSI MOBO, DirectX 7.0. My turbo G.L. actually works great with QuakeIII and half life. My major frustration and problem is with direct 3d games (Flanker 2.0, Janes USAF). They all do one of two things 1) freeze on a screen shot, sound running in background have to re-boot 2) similar freeze but instead of screen shot freeze the picture starts to rewirte verticle lines over and over???? Any ideas???

I had the same random freeze-up and corrupt game start screen problems with Age of Kings until I uninstalled the Matrox 5.30 drivers, deleted all Matrox files, and reinstalled the drivers.

Since then, no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I also have, some, succes when uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. The problem is it works only for a day or so, then back to the same crashes until I uninstall and reinstall. Still looking for a permanent fix.

Comment

Mick,
        I was having lockup problems with my Athlon/G400 system as well. Any DirectX game would lock up hard within a minute of starting; needed to hit the reset buton. The only way they would run was with Busmastering disabled for the G400.
        I fixed my problem by updating to the latest reference drivers for my MX300. Apparently the sound and video were not playing nice in the busmastering area. Now, nothing locks up (unless its a problem with a poorly written game). HG2, MW3, ReVolt, Revenant all run flawlessly with maximum effects.
        Check to make sure you've got the latest sound card drivers, along with the general stuff like not sharing an IRQ, 5.30 drivers, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X