failure???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failure???

i cannot install the new turbogl.i keep getting a failure notice.i even uninstalled the old one from halfilfe(maually i wouldnt uninstall it by itself)anyone else have this problem??im using a p3 550 on an asus p3b-f g400 vanilla win98 se.I have never had any problems with my drivers before any help would be appreciated.
    those who can do!!
    those who cant teach!!

I dunno!

Try re-downloading, maybe your file is bad...

Also... PLEASE be specific when you describe a problem! Where do you have this "failure" exactly?

If the old doesn't unistall, I think this is where your problem is; registry or install log problem.

I would use the Matrox Driver Uninstaller: http://www.murc.ws/driver/Win9x/PD5/un_513.zip
    Then reintall the game.
    Then reintall TurboGL.

Have fun

------------------
    Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live Value!, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 14 December 1999).]
    --
    Gilles Lalonde
    SysAdmin (.RPM)
    Linkedin

Comment

no i have downloaded it 4 times to no avail my problem is in the install it goes to copy files blips then says its done up top is says install failed.i have tried starting with nothing loading in the icon tray to see if something was interfering but it didnt help.i have 128 megs ram and agp aperture is set to 256. i tried changing it to 128 and 64 but it didnt help either.
      those who can do!!
      those who cant teach!!

Comment

re hi

You might have some files that are write protected. I should have though of this in the first place.

Some antivirus software have a switch for that. If it was on, you'll have to rescan all your drives to remove that protection. Then put it back on because it's a good thing.

Get back to me.

--
        Gilles Lalonde
        SysAdmin (.RPM)
        Linkedin

Comment

Hi Freezie,

Sorry can't help you with your particular problem , but I notice you have the asus p3b-f mobo. Iam thinking of upgrading to that particular board and would be interested in your thoughts about it. The reviews are good but you can't beat a users perspective.
          Thanks.
          Dave.

Comment

its been a great board i was overclocking my 550 for a while but it seems to be streched to its limit already.no matter how much cooling i have on it,oh well 550 is good enough for now.
            as for the write protection ,i was thinking the same thing and will try toi check it out after work tonight thanks for your help.
            those who can do!!
            those who cant teach!!

Comment

Thanks for that freezie.
              Back to the top you go.

Comment

Working...
              X