Thief Gold & The G400 - No Dice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Gold & The G400 - No Dice?

I haven't been able to get the Hardware Mode in Thief Gold to work properly, and I've tried everything I can think of. This seems especially odd because the original Thief ran on my Matrox card flawlessly. This is not an issue in the other 20 or so games on my system, of various ages and engines. Any advice or assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Oops. Just saw some other posts about this. So is this where we let Matrox know we're looking for a fix or is there some other place to give them the business for this? I'd like to vote early and often, I want ALL games supported by my Matrox card (just like the other cards I could have spent my money on). Thanks, and keep the change.

Comment

If you want them to know, go on their site and leave a note to the tech support.
      I did it, and they replied in 4 days, saying that they are aware of it. But if you feel like you want them to know, go ahead, the more complain the faster it will be fixed I guess.

BTW nice turn-around for the tech support, last year all my mail was unanswered at Matrox, haig has done a good job.
      Athlon64 4800+
      Asus A8N deluxe
      2 gig munchkin ddr 500
      eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
      X-Fi Fatality
      HP w2207

Comment

I just posted this in another message - hope it helps :-)

You may have read this before but I can play Theif and System Shock 2 just fine using the 5.30 drivers on my G400Max. I was one to always get the latest drivers but since I swapped my TNT2Ultra for this one I have studied up and found these drivers to be stable. I play these games alot since. I have no other troubles with any other game except Tribes. I then run it with my Voodoo2 SLI setup that I got for 40$.

Why don't you try this route until it's fixed?

(I mean the drivers not necessarily the Vooodoo's)
        My CPU: Celeron433@488
        Abit BE6 V.2
        SB Live! Value LW3.0
        G400 Max 32MB/Voodoo2 SLI
        256 MB PC-100
        24GB WD 7200RPM
        True 52X Kenwood CD/Memorex 6x CDRW

Best Part-- Klipsch Promedia 400Watt 4:1 Speakers System

Comment

Working...
        X