notes on the new beta driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notes on the new beta driver

In the present state, i´m sure this doesný doesn´t happen in all 3d software but on some demos with framerate count like some here at MURC show a solid increase of 20% over PD5.41.

That´s got to show matrox´s expertise at tweaking drivers (theses ones for DX 7.0)
    P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
    128mb pc133 cas2
    13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
    16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
    UT Slave
    Q3 pisser
    Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
    U9 stupid buyer
    Rally2000 pilot

Correction. that´s a 25/30% increase
    P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
    128mb pc133 cas2
    13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
    16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
    UT Slave
    Q3 pisser
    Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
    U9 stupid buyer
    Rally2000 pilot

Comment

I have found these beta drivers to be very flaky! The EMBM water effects in Expendable flickers on & off, & performance down ~5-10%. 5.50 drivers seem a little qucker for UT than 5.41. Unreal MissionPack1 crashes while trying to load! But that's been the story w/ matrox & it's drivers. Out of the 5 Glide-based games that I happen to enjoy playing, 4 of them have some type of graphical anomalies. Usually a -z buffer type error w/ textures flickering, or seaming . What really get's me is that they bothered to fix graphical problems w/ a benchmarking program, when there are known problems in games. I personally don't derive any pleasure out of a benchmarking program. Who cares what a time-demo says, I want to know what the game plays like.

Comment

Working...
      X