• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb Raider 4 with G400. no run

hi mercers

my tomb raider 4 isnt run with my g400

when i run tr4, program playing eidos title
    movie and graph goes end of it. and i saw window desktop screen. :-(

i have been uninstall, reinstall and so forth. but it won't run.

what the hell is this situation?? anyone know?

----------------
    cel466, 128mb ram, g400 sh 32ram.

If you insert the CDROM to start the game, Run it from the Setup option and in 16bit.
    Or, run it from Start/Program/Core/TR4/Setup. There is a problem with running it from a desktop shortcut. Let me know.

------------------
    ASUS P3BF 440BX MB,Intel PIII 500 Mhz, 128MB RAM,Fujitsu 13 GB HD, Acer 50X CDROM, Matrox G400 Max (ver 5.41/turbo), SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711) sound card with Liveware3.0, DX7.0

Win98se ,ASUS P3BF ACPI 1006,Intel PIII 500 i440BX, 128MB RAM,Quantum Fireball 20.5GB and Fujitsu 13GB HDs, LG Electronics 52X CDROM, Matrox G400Max 6.04 BIOS 1.6.25,SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, SMC 10/100 PCI NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Comment

TR4 works fine for me, a lot of times when games lock up it's because of game controllers (game pads etc) interferring with the g400's bus mastering. If you have one on your system, unplug it and disable the software and see what happens. If that doesn't work give us your system specs, irq's etc. so that someone can help you.

Cowboy.
      500Mhz Celeron, abit be6, 10 gig hd, 19 inch viewsonic, G400 Max baby, Diamond mx300, 40x cdrom , 6x dvdrom, 8x4x32 cdrw, 128mb ram, dx7a

Comment

Hi Cowboy,

So is there any way to get the game controllers and busmastering to work together?

"when games lock up it's (often) because of game controllers (game pads etc) interferring with the g400's bus mastering"

Dick

Comment

I think it depends on the game controller, for example i have a Gravis Xterminator and had trouble with some games, when it was uninstalled the problems went away.
          From months of following the forums, and reading many many posts, it seems that it has been narrowed down to busmastering problems. However I'm definately not an expert, i just try to absorb the info given in the forums, for more specific info, i'd contact matrox tech support or the harware forum. Games crashing are almost always hardware conflicts. There could also be IRQ conflicts that create problems, thats why its a good idea to list them.
          Later
          Cowboy

Comment

Thanx for all reply. :-) i think this forum
            is always good for g400 users.

anyway, i think gamepad device isn't make
            this problem. i have not gamepad but a
            SIDEWINDER 3D PRO. but this device don't
            make any trouble till now.

A days ago, i get a ripped Tomb Raider 4
            from internet. :-) but it won't run. the same trouble i posted. so i purchased this
            game pack because i like this indiana john's
            style girl(girl?? 30 of ages.... lady.. ok
            lady.
            but i can't run anyway.

i searched and researched my registry. but there is no clue about Core Design, Eidos, Tomb Raider 4. so this trouble is NOT refer to registry.

i will post my irq after my work. (i'm in office now. :-) )

bye! and have a good MILLENNIUM!

Comment

PIII500, Intels New CC820 133Mhz Chipset M/B, 390 MB SDRAM, 50 Gig HDD, G400 Max ( 5.41 Drivers - Don't use 5.50 yet )2x17" Monitors, SB Live & Liveware 3, Pioneer 40X CD 10x DVD (Slot), Internal ZIP Drive, DX7 & Win98SE.

If you haven't already done it you need to update TR4 as TR4 has soome 32Bit issues with the G400. I actually got it working quite fine in 32bit and got at least half way through the game before i started having problems. I then just through shear persaverance tried TR4 in 16 Bit mode and all was fine from then on. However the TR4 update is supposed to fix this problem.

Comment

I don't think so...

The patch even produces more problems. In the scene "Lost Library", Lara disappears! ??? My God!

After I restore the original verison, everything is ok and some clipping problems in 32 bpp modes happen again...

------------------
                P-II 266@412/2.0v, P3B-F, G400DH/32MB

[This message has been edited by WayneHu (edited 19 January 2000).]
                P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Eidos recommends only playing TR4 in 800X600X16. The unpatched TR4, in 32 bit, shows a few horizontal white lines in the menu and save screens. I also found the colours to be intensified. The TR4 patch addresses running TR4 from a desktop icon, saving games from TR4 when initiated from desktop shortcut, increases the number of save slots and "32 bit issues". After the patch,in 32 bit, I found that the menu and save screens were totally illegible due to a mass of white vertical lines. I didn't notice any change in game play. The TR4 patch also prohibits the use of unpatched-save games. I am currently running TR4 in 1024X768X16 with volumetric effects and bilinear filter enabled with no problems. In fact, I prefer the 16bit colour palette to the 32 bit.

------------------
                  ASUS P3BF 440BX MB,Intel PIII 500 Mhz, 128MB RAM,Fujitsu 13 GB HD, Acer 50X CDROM, Matrox G400 Max (ver 5.41/turbo), SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711) sound card with Liveware3.0, DX7.0

Win98se ,ASUS P3BF ACPI 1006,Intel PIII 500 i440BX, 128MB RAM,Quantum Fireball 20.5GB and Fujitsu 13GB HDs, LG Electronics 52X CDROM, Matrox G400Max 6.04 BIOS 1.6.25,SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, SMC 10/100 PCI NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Comment

Working...
                  X