Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K6-2 is a good partner for G400?. Please, tell me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jtracy,

From the previous posts you put, I would have to say that my opinion is that it stems from the RAM config you say you have. 2 DIMMS of different size from different manufacture is a recipe for trouble in my cookbook. Have you tried anything since you posted the original description?

------------------
    -Michael
    ---------------
    "There is much cruelty in the universe.."
    "Yeah, and we seem to have a treasure map to it..."
    --Excerpt from "Farscape: Bone to be Wild."
    G400 32MB DH. Asus p5a. AMD K63-450. 128 MB. Huappage WinTV-PCI. SoundBlaster Live Value.
    -Michael
    ---------------
    "There is much cruelty in the universe.."
    "Yeah, and we seem to have a treasure map to it..."
    --Excerpt from "Farscape: Bone to be Wild."
    G400 32MB DH. Asus p5a. AMD K63-450. 128 MB. Huappage WinTV-PCI. SoundBlaster Live Value.

Comment

Since the last post, I have tested the 2 ram chips separately. I tried playing with only the 128mb DIMM and got the same results. Unfortunately, when I put in the 32mb DIMM, none of my OpenGL games would load at all; just a black screen and a lockup. I'm thinking that it's doing that just because there was not enough real memory (I had a Windows managed swapfile in addition to the 32mb), because it didn't freeze like that when I had both the DIMMs in the machine.

I wish I could put some other chips in there, but the only other one I have is a PC66 DIMM in my mom's computer.
      My hardware:

Matrox Millenium G400 16mb
      Asus P5a-b super socket7 motherboard
      K6-2 300 processor
      128mb pc-100 SDRAM

My software:

Matrox bios version 1.3
      Matrox drivers 5.41
      TurboGL 1.0002
      Motherboard bios version 1009b1
      Directx version 7a
      Windows version 98SE