GLQuake (quake 1) How to:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLQuake (quake 1) How to:

Glad to be back in the gaming scene. I've been out for a couple years. Now with my new Athlon system, and thanks to LAN parties, I'm back in - and I'm yearning for good 'ole GLQuake.

I have the Marvel G400-TV. It runs Q3A superbly. Will I need to do anything special, besides downloading the GLQuake patch, to get original Quake running smoothly In OpenGL?

Thanks.

You have to disable dynamic lighting in GLQuake (iD's original one) by typing following commands to id1/autoexec.cfg: r_dynamic 0; gl_flashblend 1. Otherwise you'll get rainbow textures.

I don't know if any of those newer ports require disabling dynamic lighting, because I haven't been able to run them. They're dead slow, have major texture corruption and crash quite quickly after starting. I had a e-mail talk with one port maker (Maddes of QIP) and he suggested that it might be a driver problem as other cards (TNT's and Voodoo's) work fine.

.Tumu

------------------
    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
    PD5.30, SB Live! Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win95OSR2.1 finnish

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Comment

...but... I don't have an 'autoexec.cfg' file in my \id1 directory... only config.cfg.

What now??? I certainly would like to get rid of those rainbows....

-----------------
      Holly

Comment

Hi HollyBerri,

just dare, and take the step :-)
        MAKE ONE YOUSELF! :-)

have fun and please tell us your fps, they might well be in the 150ies :-)

peace,
        HellMood-BB

Comment

Working...
        X