Win2k RC2, MilG200, no D3D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k RC2, MilG200, no D3D?

I'm running Windows 2000 RC2 with an update to DX7 and the most recent Matrox drivers.

Both Warcraft II Battle.net Edition and Rogue Squadron 3D require DX6, but only the former works -- RS3D either claims that DirectX isn't installed, or that I don't have a D3D card, depending on how you approach it. Any ideas how to get Direct3D working?

1. The newest Matrox drivers are for final Win2k.

2. Upgrade to final Win2k.

3. D3D works fine in final Win2k.

4. Did I mention you should get final Win2k?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Apologies if I'm not 31337 enough to have a newer release than the one M$ sent me -- I'm just an MCSE wannabe who won't get the final for another couple of weeks.

I'm well aware that WC2BNE isn't D3D, I was simply pointing out that I was at an acceptable version of DirectX.

Putting the flames aside, you're saying: "Just don't count on it in RC2". Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Comment

The newest publicly available Matrox Win2k beta drivers seem to be for RC3, I believe final wasn't even available by the time it was released.

Wc2 bnet edition is using DirectVideo, not Direct3D. D3D just isn't going to work correctly under RC2. Upgrade to RC3 at least, of course it's kind of pointless to get RC3 now that the final is also available and has been for a long time.

Comment

D3D works for me with the G200 and final build. I didn't try any of the betas or release candidates. I have heard of a lot of problems with DX stuff and RC2. Good luck and sorry about Gurm - he gets a little overzealous after stating things a lot. But at least he gives you good advice...

Jon

------------------
          My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
          2 Pentium III 500 MHz
          256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
          Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
          2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
          Sound Blaster Live!
          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
          Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
          Plextor UltraPlex 32X
          Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X

All more or less running on Windows 2000...

My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
          2 Pentium III 500 MHz
          256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
          Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
          2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
          Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
          Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
          Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
          Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Working...
          X