Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HalfLife + g400MAX on NT?!?!?

hia

Got a quiz about Halflife. In some senarios, some textures seemes to be malplaced, this occur on and off, and can most of the time be fixed, switching flashlight on/off..

When there are explotions, this happens aswell. This might be the "dirt-fx" that isnt working properly perhaps??

Anybody knows ant solutions??

Sys.Spec:

PII400Mhz, 320MB SDRAM, Windows NT 4.0(sp5)
    Millenium G400 MAX (4.34, 1.5.22)
    HalfLife (1.0.1.5)

Thnx/ GriZZ

If you're running it in OpenGL, that would explain it. The texture handling in NT sucks. Haven't used the new 4.35 drivers, but you could give them a shot. My only advice is go to Win2000 as soon as you can legally get a copy of it. The OpenGL in Win2000 has been faster for me than in 98, and seems to look better too (maybe faster is better for me...). Good luck, but I pissed into the wind a long time about the NT drivers, and it didn't do me any good (and I got piss all over me).

Jon

------------------
    My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Plextor UltraPlex 32X
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X

All more or less running on Windows 2000...

My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
    Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Well, tried PD4.35, same problem... wondering if it's due to the driver though... cause its in the same polyogons that the texture missbehaves... seemes like a software (halflife) bug to me... and when you say that texturing doesnt work on NT, why do you think that? I got plenty of OGL stuff, like Lightwave that works just fine!

However, I will uppgrade to W2k as soon as there is reliable device-drivers (non-beta)....

...cause I'm pissing into the wind when it comes to sblive drivers for NT!...i.e. all over me....

Comment

updated to 4.42 beta.. ever worse.. now i got white lines over the top of the screen and im not over clk'ing....

[This message has been edited by GriZZly (edited 13 February 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X