win2k&Q3 gamma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k&Q3 gamma

Running w2k full and latest beta for g400. Menu game slider dosnt work. Any ideas how to change gamma to brighter value?

Hi,
    There was a topic the other day about this but I can only remember is:

press the tilder key (~) then enter
    seta r_ignorehwgamma "1"

this value is "0" or "1" I beleave

it will tell you to restart Q3A.

Comment

Two things:

1. Play with the brightness slider. You'll notice that it's very flakey. Counterintuitively, it will actually get bright on the left/"dimmer" end, but not all the time. You have to futz with it, but it will get brighter.

2. Use "set r_intensity 2.2" Once you have the best brightness set using the above, the intensity setting will get you back to normal.

Now, if someone could only tell me how to stop Q3A from doing the "lock/sound skipping" dance, I'd really be in business!

Comment

I too had this problem last night. I installed Windows 2000 clean, and then the new beta drivers, and lastly, Q3. The gamma was fine until I copied my old config into the baseq3 directory, and my gamma was all screwed up. After deleting the config, and then loading up Q3 and changing the res and detail, everything was okay again. So, what worked for me was to delete the q3config file in the baseq3 directory and just re-setup Q3. Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
        X