Quake3 on final Win2k drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 on final Win2k drivers...

i seem to have some graphical glitches with the new Win2k drivers in Quake3, shadows under players and other things look strange, like striped, some kind of texture problem...

anyone else noticed this?
    <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

hi,

same problem on new WIn98 drivers "shadows under players and other things look strange, like striped, some kind of texture problem"

regards
    Rambo

Comment

Yep, same here. Win2K's new drivers are kinda iffy... Pity... I'll stick on the old ones again, hope they'll work...

Comment

Dual booting both OSs here. Separate installations of Q3 for both.

I get the striped problem with the latest drivers and Win2K. I don't get this for Win98SE.

I get a weird "crosshair / text" trails after the initial movie has played and in the menus. Because of this, it's impossible to read submenu choices, or to even see the list of servers (the main menu text / crosshair images cover all the later text). Strangely, connecting to a server (hitting the Fight button) and then canceling out of the server back to the menus rectifies the situation, at least until the next time that I restart the game from scratch. This doesn't happen with the Win2K setup.

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
        X