X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Bonus Pack

Come get it from gamecenter (13.8MB)
    http://www.gamecenter.com/News/Item/...l?st.gc.fd.gca

I'm about to start downloading it myself.

New maps, new characters, and a few other new things.

Wow. Thats pretty cool.
    But what I'd really like to see Epic do instead of new maps and models (which plenty of third parties are already doing) if FIX THE NETWORK CODE, so more people (like me) on piddly little dial-up connecions can actually play the game. I hate dumping money on a game that I can't play the way it's intended

Q3 on the other hand, runs dandy on my dial-up
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That's a bummer Kruzin. I thoroughly enjoy UT as you probably do as well. I actually decided not to buy both games and based on the demos, decided on UT. I hope to see you on the servers soon.

BTW-You can't whine to me cuz I know they offer cable in your area but you just don't like the company Just get it already! You will be soooOOOO! much happier

Dave

------------------
      I can never think of a good signature...~
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Kruzin somehow you have a bummer deal with UT. I have no clue what it is and I figure you have tried everything to get it to work on the Net. I have a Supra Express 56K and Earthlink running off of 1953 telephone wires and I get 125-275 ping on the Murc server. I have no Idea why. UT is known for great Net code. Read the reviews and look on the message boards (if you can stand it) over at Epic. The net code is not in question.

"BTW-You can't whine to me cuz I know they offer cable in your area but you just don't like the company "
        Whats up with this Kruzin? Can you find me One person who likes his Cable company?

Comment

good point lamfdtk, although i think rogers is doing a pretty good job where i live (Ottawa)

Frankfurt
          Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
          WinXP Professional SP1
          Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
          3COM 905C

Comment

This is weird ... I have'em both (UT & Q3A) and <FONT SIZE=1> ... drumroll please ... <FONT SIZE=2> a Sportster Vi 28.8 ...

UT is quite playable (after hours of getting familiar with that overlenghty UNREALTOURNAMENT.ini), but Q3 is giving me more like a de-de-delay-lay-lay ... as if I was moving forth and back while pressing the forward button only.

Weird huh ?

Anyway, I think both games have their pors & cons, but I also say both rock !

and maybe I get even Q3 to work online through my whopping 28.8 ...

------------------
            Cheers,
            Maggi

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

What is really strange is that I have the same problems as Kruzin. I can play online with my 56K dialup in TFC, MW3, Q2, Q3A, but not UT...UT just gives me unstable play. I have tried many different servers, and there is no change. I would be interested to see what it is that we both have done wrong.

Rags

Comment

Hey Rags ... maybe my config could help you out ...

Code:
                [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
                AllowDownloads=True
                ConnectionTimeout=5.000000
                InitialConnectTimeout=500.000000
                AckTimeout=5.0
                KeepAliveTime=5.000000
                MaxClientRate=1500
                SimLatency=0
                RelevantTimeout=5.000000
                SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.000000
                ServerTravelPause=4.000000
                NetServerMaxTickRate=20
                LanServerMaxTickRate=35

Compare to yours and evetually you could increase the MaxClientRate to 2500, but I wouldn't try more ...

I think the biggest step towards playability was gained by increasing those Timeout and KeepAlive values and by limiting the MaxClientRate which was defaulted to 20000 (I still wonder who in ther world has a 20KB line at home) ...

And don't get me wrong, but that little red icon that is supposed to pop up when your connection is broken/unsteady now is constantly on ... as if I had no connection at all, but a ping of ~300 tells that icon the truth ...

Go ahead and tweak that config, I'd say !!!

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                X