No announcement yet.

OpenGL and Direct3D not working with G400 32MB DH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same problem and I figured it out. (By complete accident of course!

Go into your bios and disable super bypass. It affects th way your processor accesses memory. I think this interferes with AGP. It occurs on some motherboards depending on the default settings, but only if your processor is 500+ mhz. If your bios does not have this option, go to the files section of http://www.slota.com. Download the chip utility. I am not sure how to use it since my machine after upgrading to the beta bios had this option, but it is claimed to be able to affect this setting. If you have the Asus k7m motherboard, version Beta 1.26 of the bios will have this option.

Took me two weeks to figure this damn thing out.

P.S. Ooh, they came out with a 1.27 even newer beta version. (The sound of High_Jumbllama rubbing his hands together can be heard.)

Comment

Go into your bios and disable super bypass. It affects the way your processor accesses memory. I think this interferes with AGP. It occurs on some motherboards depending on the default settings, but only if your processor is 500+ mhz. If your bios does not have this option, go to the files section of http://www.slota.com. Download the chip utility. I am not sure how to use it since my machine after upgrading to the beta bios had this option, but it is claimed to be able to affect this setting. If you have the Asus k7m motherboard, version Beta 1.26 of the bios will have this option.

P.S. Ooh, they came out with a 1.27 even newer beta version. (The sound of High_Jumbllama rubbing his hands together can be heard.)

Comment

Go into your bios and disable super bypass. It affects the way your processor accesses memory. I think this interferes with AGP. It occurs on some motherboards depending on the default settings, but only if your processor is 500+ mhz. If your bios does not have this option, go to the files section of http://www.slota.com. Download the chip utility. I am not sure how to use it since my machine after upgrading to the beta bios had this option, but it is claimed to be able to affect this setting. If you have the Asus k7m motherboard, version Beta 1.26 of the bios will have this option.

Comment

Shouldn't the NIC be on IRQ9 and the SB16 on 5?

Seems to me that the NIC wouldn't like being so low priority. And an SB16 "PCI"... is that really much more than an original SB pumped up to run on the PCI bus?

I know my MX300 and all other PCI sound cards I've seen use IRQ9 for PCI Audio and MIDI/MPU-401 because they're redirected there from IRQ2, but naturally they also use IRQ5 for compatibility with the original SB16 ISA default settings.

But this card seems to me almost no different from the ISA card, so why is it on 9 at all?

And does that matter, anyway? I know I don't see anything else that might be wrong...

------------------------
          Holly

Comment

I looked in the BIOS and found that PCI snooping is already disabled and AGP aperature size is at 128MB (Highest available).

Also I have the latest patch for Half-life and I have a Socket 7 motherboard and AMD k6-2 400 so do I need to disable super bypass as I

Comment

Have you confirmed that the card is properly seated in the slot?

And what PowerDesk settings are you using?

---------------------
              Holly

Comment

I did have some trouble with installing the card, as it would not sit in the AGP slot comfortably. But after resitting the card it worked and it booted up.

Could this be the problem but it displays windows alright.

Also I have not changed any of the Powerdesk settings except to 1024x768 at 32 bit colour and 85Hz refresh rate. Does this help as I am getting annoyed about spending so money on the card to not have it working properly.

Comment

Please could someone help me I am still having problems with using OpenGL and Direct3D in Windows 98. I have installed the latest VIA drivers and also the lastest Matrox drivers but any game I try in OpenGL or Direct 3D doesn't work. Also when I try the DirectX diagnostic tool and the Direct 3D hardware test it always fails.

Also I have tried running OpenGL and Direct3D in Windows 2000 but the same. Could there be a problem with my actual graphics card and not the drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X