No announcement yet.

NEW TURBOGL OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find them a bit faster than TurboGL 1.00 and the new ICD at 800x600, 16-bit/16-bit, Normal defaults on the one machine I tried them on.

ICD - 59.0
    TurboGL 1.30 - 63.0

G400 Max
    PIII 600 Katmai
    384 MB RAM
    Asus P2B-F
    Aureal Vortex 2
    SCSI Everywhere

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hi John Rambo,

Old QUAKE3ARENA bugs are not fixed!!!!!
      Q3 DM0
      -corrupted mirror
      -corrupted teleport
      That's because these were never broken, if you turn on "High Quality Sky" then you will see the proper effects. The mirroring effects have worked for me for all driver revisions since 5.30.

Rags

Comment

Same results on my fast machine. At relatively low resolutions, I'm seeing 2.5-4 FPS increases over the ICD.

Quake3 116j, Normal settings (640x480), all game options off:

ICD - 102.2 FPS
        TurboGL 1.30 - 105.4 FPS

Matrox G400 Vanilla
        PIII 600E @ 774 MHz
        256 MB RAM
        AOpen AX6BC Millenium Pro II
        Turtle Beach Vortex 2
        IDE Everywhere

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 04 March 2000).]

Comment

That makes sense, it`s only TurboGL for Penium 2 issue.

RAGS: I HAVE HIGH QUALITY SKY ENABLED IN GAME OPTIONS!!!!!!!

Both TurboGL 1.00(5.41.006.001) and the new TurboGL 1.30.002 are affected by this effect.

P2 450Mhz,G400DH32MB,AbitBH6,128MB RAM,voodoo2SLI,....

oh yes, the new TGL is slighly faster, about 0.5fps.

Comment

John, do you have your Voodoo2 drivers installed when using TurboGL?

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Well JR,

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR SETUP THEN, BECAUSE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS LIKE YOU HAVE DESCRIBED, YES I TRIED BOTH THE P3 AND P2 TGL's.

RAGS

Comment

Hi guys,

There is no problem with my Q3 config. I`ve removed voodoo2 cards from the case and uninstalled voodoo2 drivers and then I`ve run Quake3 and the same problems remain. I found a simple way, how TURBOGL(G400) works with WICKEDGL(VOODOO2SLI) together without any problems in Quake3, therefore there is no reason to remove the cards. I haven`t mentioned that I get the corrupted mirror and teleport with all released versions of OPENGL ICD(5.30,5.41,5.50,5.52) and all versions of TGL.
                I`ve done some screenshots from Q3DM0, they show corrupted mirror and corrupted teleport, but I don`t know how to send them to the forum. They are 10KB to 20KB each.

All my troubles may have one reason. I have pirate version of Q3.

Comment

Hi JR,

The pirated version you have may very well be the cause. If it's the pirated version I think it is, it is a Q3 Demotest hacked to accept the new maps, and in this version, the mirroring was knackered for a lot of ICD's.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                  X