Gaming Mouse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rik:

i had the same problems with pain in my arm when using the Intellimouse. As the Intellimouse itself is very high (for a mouse) i had a unusual angle at my wrist.
    Additional to this my forearm didn't rest completely on the desk. My elbow was always approx. 5 cm over the desk, so the angle at my wrist was even more unusual.

It helped for me to lower my chair, so my forearm rests completely on the desk and the angle at my wrist is lower.

Rakido

"Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I did order the attack pad, but not the dumb Q3 one since I hate Quake 3.
      PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

I'm using a Logitech 1st Mouse+ USB and 3m Precision Mousing Surface (PMS anyone?). No complaints here...other than I'd be nailing more of you with the shock rifle if I wasn't on dial-up

DS
        Games Box
        --------------
        Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
        ------
        Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
        -------------
        Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Rakido-
          I think you are right about desk height and positioning. I'm becoming more comfortable with the Intellimouse Explorer with time. I think my problem is being too used to using my fingers to control a smaller mouse, rather than my whole hand.
          Anyway...it's embarassing to tell people I have a sore wrist, they might come to the wrong conclusion!

Comment

I'm currently using the Logitech Wheel (USB). Seems to work pretty well for me. I like the wheel to rotate through weapons or inventory (depending on the game). The thumb button is also conveniently located (good for secondary fire in UT; or walk in Half Life).
            The wheel is also handy to scroll when viewing long web pages or word processor files.
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I like my Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse.
              Once you go unleashed, you never go back!

------------------
              MatroxG400MAX, AsusP2B-L(rev.1011), Celeron266(SL2QG@448MHz), 128MB PC100 SDRAM, QuantumFireball(KX)27.3,Promise Ultra66,
              ADI MicroScanG66(19"), MonsterSoundMX200, PioneerDVD103-S, MotorolaCyberSURFR modem, Logitech iTouch
              cordless keyboard/mouse,
              Yamaha speakers (4+1sub),
              Iomega Zip drive (100MB internal)

Comment

I love my Logitech MouseMan+ Scroll PS2 (@ 200 MHz) and the 3M PMS with gel wrist rest, (it's so sensual! ha) helps out with my carpal tunnel. Too bad the actual mousing surface on the wrist-pad-PMS (as opposed to the non-wrist-pad one with expanded surface area) is rather puny.

I can live with that. Just dial the sensitivity up.
                ==
                "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Here's another vote for the Intellimouse Explorer. I have 2 cats and the regular wheel mouse that came with the computer kept getting gummed up. I switched and I love it.

My only complaint is the soft buttons. The two main buttons are too easy to press - I'd like them more firm. I don't use the side buttons at all in gaming though I should think about trying it.

It's also cool late at night when action is slow to pick up the mouse and shine the laser at stuff... maybe I should go to bed earlier...

My brother-in-law has a logitech (I think) track ball and I hate it. It's the one with 2 buttons, scroll wheel and a ball you move with your thumb. He said he got used to it but wishes he hadn't bought it.

I'm also curious to try the Razer mice. Last I read, the drivers had greatly improved and you don't get the 'accidental' movements or firings.

Good Luck!

------------------
                  PIII 550 (not O/C'ed)
                  IWill Motherboard 133
                  VIA Chipset
                  128Meg RAM
                  G400 DH 32MB (5.41 Drivers)
                  DirectX 7.0
                  SB Live! Value
                  8x DVD (Toshiba)
                  6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                  Optiquest V95 19"
                  HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                  Microtek flatbed scanner
                  Intellimouse Explorer
                  Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                  AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!
                  PIII 550@605
                  IWill Motherboard VD133
                  VIA Chipset
                  512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                  G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                  DirectX 8.0a
                  SB Live! Value
                  8x DVD (Toshiba)
                  6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                  Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                  3Com CMX Cable Modem
                  Optiquest V95 19"
                  HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                  Microtek flatbed scanner
                  Intellimouse Explorer
                  Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                  AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the input!!
                    I had a chance to play with a Intellimouse Explorer, so I think am going to give it a try.

YoKoMo [1] Will you let me know how the attack pad works for you.

Thanks again!!
                    Oboy
                    Time to make the wafers!
                    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Oboy,

U should def. give the Everglide mousepad a try. Remeber if u gonna use it with the MS optical mouse, buy the black one. I've heard that it's no so good defining the surface on the white pad. But anyway who needs the MS optical mouse when u have the change to get a LOGITECH GAMING MOUSE USB.... It's the most accurate, fastest and ergonomic I've ever tried!!!

Good luck with whatever u choose.

------------------
                      Asus P3B/f
                      Pentium III 500@600
                      Soundblaster Live
                      128mb PC100 ram
                      Matrox G400 DH Max
                      Logitech Gaming Mouse USB
                      Everglide QIII Black Attack Pad
                      Asus P3B/f
                      Pentium III 500@620
                      Soundblaster Live
                      256mb PC100 ram
                      Matrox G400 DH Max
                      Sony G400 19"
                      Logitech Gaming Mouse USB
                      Everglide QIII Black Attack Pad

Comment

Oboy:

Will let you know how it turnes out. It's going to be awhile though as I asked for priority mail and it says ti wait up to 21 days for it, that's kinda lame.
                        PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

I have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel. I initially really liked the way this mouse fit my hand and the side button feature. After extensive use I've found the hump places too much pressure on the palm of my hand: In intense gaming, this can really be annoying. Some of my problems are because I haven't managed to get my desk/chair/kybd-mouse tray ergonometrics set correctly. You also have to deal with the flakiness of the drivers properly handling the wheel in Q3A (is this only a Logitech issue?).

In the last couple days, my side button has become very unresponsive (mechanical problem). Haven't gotten around to opening it up yet. Has anyone had similar experiences and/or can suggest a cure?
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

As far as wrist/arm placement ... CTS experts warn you not to rest any part of your wrist or arm (keep it free floating).
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                            X