Haig: MGI TS UT Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig: MGI TS UT Server

Haig, i was wondering if it is at all possible for you to download and start using the mod zeroping for UT. I dont know if im the only one who experiences extreme lag at times when on the server but i have tried it and it is the best mod ive seen yet.
    You can get it at the following address: http://zeroping.home.att.net/
    thank you for your time
    Frankfurt (AKA Toasted)

CORRECTION
    Ok...you can check out the website there, but if you want the actual file, then you will wanna go here: http://zeroping.home.att.net/filez/zeroping_v092.zip

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 16 March 2000).]
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Hi Frankfurt,

that util looks good but this statement caught my eye:

"The Alpha version of Zeroping makes no attempt at all to protect against hacked clients, and the network protocol is an absolute sitting duck. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to hack a client or throw together a proxy. Do not use Zeroping for tournaments until I claim it's safe enough and no one proves me wrong."

I'll wait until he claims it's safe and then I'll have it put up.

Haig

Comment

Ah, we're all an honest bunch around here...aren't we?

When the final version is released, it will be a great addition for the modem users around here.
      Games Box
      --------------
      Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
      ------
      Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
      -------------
      Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

ill admit that i too saw that, but i imagine that my alterior motive for doing this was to make you aware of the program, Haig and possibly get you to check the site every once in a while and eventually to install it onto the MURC servers

Anyways, ill be around
        Frankfurt
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

Hi Frankfurt,

I apologize if I sounded like I was accusing you of wanting to hack into our server. I didn't mean it that way.

Once the final version gets released I'll put it up.

Haig

Comment

Working...
          X