Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A game completely incompatible w/ G400 card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A game completely incompatible w/ G400 card!

I have played "RedJack" game on my CL Banshee card w/no problem, I also ran it on
    ATI Rage card, but with my new G400 DH 32Mb -
    I can't even start the game.
    My e-mail to tech support of "THQ' and "Cyberflix" was ignored. Also the 5.52
    G400 drivers (and reinstalling DirectX 6) did not solve the problem either.

Here is the picture of error message I get after starting the game: http://www.machineco.com/redjack_fatal_error.jpg

If anybody has tips on how to make this game work - please HAAAALLLLP!

------------------
    AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
    64 MB SDRAM
    FIC VIA 503+ (MVP3) Mobo with AGP 2x
    MATROX Millenium G400 32Mb DualHead (not OCd)
    32X Max LG CDRom
    A3D 1.0 "Multiwave" Sound Card
    4Gb Fujitsu HDD
    Windows 98

AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
    128 MB SDRAM
    32X Max LG CDRom
    40Gb WD HDD
    Windows 98SE
    DirectX 8

Make sure your desktop colordepth is set to either 16 bit or 32 bit NOT 24bit. Also if you have DH on, turn it off, and reboot and try again.

Rags

Comment

Maybe try directX 7.0 which is current.The error says to check your DX drivers.....
      gobrob

Comment

Tried all the above - w/no luck... Also tried moving the "Hardware Acceleraton" slider to the right limit (where it was from the start), lower, etc. Also checked the DirectX for HW acceleration - its undoubtedly enabled.
        Looks like the game requires some specific acceleration function, that G400 can't provide. Obviously patch would've solved this, but there is none!

If anybody had this game run on G200 or 400
        - please let me know!

D.

------------------
        AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
        64 MB SDRAM
        32X Max LG CDRom
        4Gb Fujitsu HDD
        Windows 98

AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
        128 MB SDRAM
        32X Max LG CDRom
        40Gb WD HDD
        Windows 98SE
        DirectX 8

Comment

Umm, chalupaboy:

Did you install DX7.0a? I know you said you "tried the above" but... it seems a bit unlikely that a game would simply refuse to run... unless it's checking for palettized textures before running. In that case MANY cards will refuse to run - but you can use the G400 Tweaker (MGATWeak? Someone help me out here!) to enable palettized textures.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I think this is it!

G400Tweak
            jim
            PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
            128mb pc-100 cas 2
            Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            and 384k DSL!

Comment

The 5.52 drivers don't work with the G200/VIA/DX7 combination. Anything using Direct 3d crashes. Perhaps your G400 is up against the same problem (although the G400 doesn't normally have this problem). Try the 5.41 drivers and see if they work. They are very stable with Direct 3d. To see if Direct 3d is the problem, run the test in dxdiag on the video tab.

RAB
              AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Do you have the 2 DX6 patches installed (DirectX Media 6.0 and DirectX Media 6.0 Run Time Patch for DirectAnimation)? They are both 6.0 patches, but they are still on the DX download page, and the Windows Update site, so I guess DX7 must still use them... and they certainly sound like the kind of thing that could cause such an error message.

Just a concept.

-------------------
                Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 27 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X