Half Life Crashes with G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life Crashes with G400

Hey I am reaching out now because I have done everything I know how to do. I am running Pentium III coppermine chip 733 MHz and a BE6 II mother board. I have all the latest dirvers for everything, bios, directx, powerdesk,turboGL, halflife. And the thing crashes after about 3 minutes of play in openGL, but it works for about 10 minutes in Direct 3d weird huh? When it crashes the system just freezes and loops the sound that it was playing at that instint. So if anybody has any idea of what I should to I wolud really appreciate the help. Like I have said I have no idea what is wrong with the thing.

I had a very similar problem. I found that disabling BUS Mastering solved the problem, even thought the performance can take a big hit. Someone also suggested updating the sound drivers(no idea how it helps). It might work better on D3D if you remove the TGL drivers from the Game. What other games are you trying to run? R U having problems with those?

Comment

I had a very similar problem. I found that disabling BUS Mastering solved the problem, even thought the performance can take a big hit. Someone also suggested updating the sound drivers(no idea how it helps). It might work better on D3D if you remove the TGL drivers from the Game. What other games are you trying to run? R U having problems with those?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sounds like your overclocking that PIII. If so, take it back down to default speed and see what happens.

Anytime a game chokes for no reason on me, it's because I overclocked my CPU. Driver issues usually stop me from being able to start the game at all (guess I'm just lucky).
            The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
            The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
            The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

No, he's running the pentiumIII 733 (not the 550e o/c'd to 733) and it's not overclocked. He's a good friend of mine but I'm out of ideas.

Comment

It's the BE6-II and the G400. I have the same board and card, but am running a 500 Mhz P3 at normal speed. Whenever I run the AGP slot at 1/1 (100 Mhz) I get lots of lockups. When I run at 2/3, everything is fine. When you run the G400 on the 133 FSB, you are clocking your AGP at 2/3 (I assume) which runs the card at 89 Mhz. Some people have seen success with this...many others fail and cannot run the G400. Also...make sure to set your voltage to 3.3v and see if that helps. The latest bios upgrade (QJ) defaults the voltage at 3.5...mostly for the Geforce cards. Check your AGP setting and make sure it is 2/3.

Bob

Comment

It's the BE6-II and the G400. I have the same board and card, but am running a 500 Mhz P3 at normal speed. Whenever I run the AGP slot at 1/1 (100 Mhz) I get lots of lockups. When I run at 2/3, everything is fine. When you run the G400 on the 133 FSB, you are clocking your AGP at 2/3 (I assume) which runs the card at 89 Mhz. Some people have seen success with this...many others fail and cannot run the G400. Also...make sure to set your voltage to 3.3v and see if that helps. The latest bios upgrade (QJ) defaults the voltage at 3.5...mostly for the Geforce cards. Check your AGP setting and make sure it is 2/3.

Bob

Comment

hey thaks for all your help guys I got to thinking hat it is the Bus Speed I tried clocking teh FSB down to 100 and the game runs stable. I guess the card just cant handle that bus speed. My Chip thou is designed to run at 133 Mhz. Will a bios upgrade for the card help me out or do you think it is the chip set.

Comment

Hey there

I have an Aopen AX6BC mainboard
                      This board allows me to lock AGP speed to 100, independant from the rest of the system.
                      AGP IS locked, the rest of the system runs at 117 mHz, Half-life runs withour problems in TurboGL ( and smooth)
                      It could well be the system bus speed...

Comment

Working...
                      X