UT and the facing worlds map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT and the facing worlds map

I've got an g400 with the 5.52 drivers, when playing the facing worlds map the secondfloor sniper area becomes transparant. At the top floor I can see through the wall and watch the transporter light. Altough these are kind of handy features (always knowing if theres a sniper in those two places) it is not the way it should be. Another thing, I tried to play ut in opengl but the textures looked like I was neo a.k.a. the one in the Matrix. All walls were covered with texts and numbers and it was definitely not the meaning of that map. When looking at faces I got their total skin map of that face (flat that is).Weird things I tell you! So is there a way to get opengl working properly and how do i get rid of those transparent textures?

I like the transparant walls. I can see the snipers now!!
    I do not know, do you?

Comment

Forget OpenGL in UT.
      D3D is definatly the way to play it.
      The errors you are seeing are common. It's a z-buffer problem thazt Matrox is aware of, and are working on. You can reduce the effect a little bit by turning on 32bit z-buffering in Powerdesk...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Additionally, try the beta D3D driver from unreal.epicgames.com

It may have been folded into the new 413 update. I'm not home to test the new update out, though.
        The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
        The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
        The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

i got a question :
          where is the damage amplifier(forgot what its called ) on the map? i see people using it..but still cant understand where they get it...

Comment

On top of your entrance. You have to use your translocator!
            I do not know, do you?

Comment

Working...
            X