BeOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeOS?

Anyone downloaded it and tried it yet? I'm currently doing so, but I would like to know whether the Matrox G400 works out of the box, or will I need to download extra drivers...

the g400 is supported out of the box, and looks fine, just dont expect dual monitor support if you have that card. My problem is with my network card, which isnt supported (yet??). it seems to be nice, and apparently if you are into Multimedia stuff, it is likely going to really impress you

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

I'm posting this from BeOS 5 right now... I never installed BeOS before and first time I booted I connect to the net. Can I say user friendly? But as usual I'm having problems configuring the keyboard. Oh well.

Comment

Nuno:

Is there any winmodem support in Beos? I'm already running 3 different OSes, but I'm not opposed to running 4.

The Rock
        Bart

Comment

Yes there is. I have a Diamond Supraexpress 56e and it´s well supported, but when I configured it I remember seeing Lucent, motorolla and HCF(?) in the list. If they actually work is another story.
          Say, give it a try. Dl the .exe file (43 Mb) and install it. It will not need a patition, it´s much like winlinux.

And as I sain in another thread, I think I´ll be installing linux just to have win98, win2k, linux and BeOS in the same box...

Comment

Nuno:

Good plan. We'll be so much better than these geeks with only 2 or 3 operating systems.

Broken:

Head over to the Alternative Lifestyles forum; there's a lot of talk going on about BeOS right now. G400 is natively supported. Funny this thread hasn't been relocated there already.

The Rock
            Bart

Comment

Working...
            X