Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got the new UT 413 patch working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok this may be stupid, but how do youe switch 3d drivers. ?

i haven't tryed the new patch yet. but i would like tto have quick options ready if i have problems with it.

thanks.
    noel
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Brian,

Thanks a bunch! The 405B final dll did the trick. Unreal runs great again.

I am happy again.

Gordon

Comment

I'm using the 413 patch right now, and other than some SERIOUSLY slow load times and equally SLOW refreshes after changing video settings (16->32bit took around a minute to refresh and return control), everything appears to be okay. I can turn on detail textures now without experiencing those extremely irritating pauses in the game (as you approach walls or other items that cause standard textures to be replaced with the detailed ones).

Does replacing the D3D.DLL affect the way they're handling the detail textures now?

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

hi, well for some reason caprice, when i installed the patch, i got the video card detection screen, i dont know why, but it sounds as if most other people here didnt get that once the patch was installed. and merchant, there are two ways to change your video card, if you havent started the game, try choosing run UUnreal Tournament Safe mode, and choose change video adapter, but if you are in game, go into the options menu and choose setup, where it lists the video card you are using in the video tab, click change and it will take you to the screen where you go to change your video card adapter.
          Oh yeah, and with regards to my previous comment, when the 32bit z buffering was disabled i ran into NO problems.

Frankfurt
          Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
          WinXP Professional SP1
          Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
          3COM 905C

Comment

Definitely a thumbs down for the "updated" UnrealTournament\System\d3ddrv.dll that came with 413. The 405B one runs *much* better for me.

I had tried downloading one of the beta d3ddrv.dll a couple of months ago, and it was substandard, but not this substandard. There was a murc gaming thread about it...

Caprice, the next time I started UT, it did redetect the video card like Frankfurt said.

Comment

Totally with you on the latest d3ddrv.dll, 'chez. I went to the Unreal Tech page, and they actually mention there that lots of people are experiencing problems with it. They also provide links to the 405b, .5 beta (?? may be slightly off on this version number, as usual, hehe), and.6 beta DLLs.

Right now I'm using the .6 dll, and I have everything but volumetric lighting enabled or set to high, at 800x600x32bits. For once, the game is more than playable with the detail textures on, and this is in Win2K (for me, Win2K has always been slower than the Win98 installation on my other partition- it still is too, just not as much).

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

If I don't have the VIA AGP driver load, (see the following thread for the reason behind that forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008282.html ) on my system and with the latest UT release, 4.13, UT runs like sh**. I guess this latest release is very AGP dependent. If I load the VIA AGP driver then the game runs great. Only draw back is no more TGL or Quake III. Dam* decisions, decisions.

Joel

------------------
                System Specs

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 30 March 2000).]
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

UT now works using the 4.13 version with the 4.05b d3ddrv.dll even with the VIA AGP driver uninstalled. So now I've got UT, TGL and Quake3. YaaaaHooooo!!!!!!

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

if anyone still needs info on the 4.13 patch situation, head on over to http://www.unreal.epicgames.com
                    There is lots of info about the 4.13 patch, and the soon to be released 4.14 patch

Frankfurt
                    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                    WinXP Professional SP1
                    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                    3COM 905C

Comment

Yeah, 413 is a can of worms.
                      K7-500 @ 800 L2@1/2
                      192MB PC133@222
                      K7M
                      G400MAX
                      20G DiamondMAX Plus40
                      19" screen
                      Bla Bla
                      Used to run UT 1024x768 every thing maxed out
                      and smoooth

Installed 413 and thought I was on my P75 LOL First thing I did was come here to see WTF.
                      Thanks guys, I'm going back to 405b

------------------
                      "If your still stock,... ya' best stay on the porch"

"If your still stock,... ya' best stay on the porch"

Comment

I have been trying out the various dll's that Epic have on their site, and have found that I have been able to get almost the same performance from 0.8 beta.dll as the earlier 402 and 405B if you go into the preferences and change the UseVideoMemoryVB to true and UseLocalTextures to true in the rendering section under D3D.

Seems that both of these are set to false by default for some reason.I only have a 16mb Vanilla G400 but with medium texture and skin detail at 800x600 16bit I have been able to average 45-50fps in all maps with 8 bots.

Be interested to see if any of you other people can get even better result than I have with 32mb cards.

Comment

So I of course want everything to play well with others. First, the vitals:

- Asus P3V4X, 1003 BIOS.
                          - 512MB of RAM in 128MB PC133 SDRAM DIMMS w/ECC from crucial.
                          - VIA AGP driver 4.20
                          - PIII-550E at 138Mhz FSB (750Mhz)
                          - G400 MAX
                          - PowerDesk 5.52, then TGL 1.3, then uninstall and put in PowerDesk 5.30
                          - SB Live!
                          - 3Com 3C905b NIC (DSL to Internet, 640/90)
                          - Millennium II

If I'm leaving anything out, just ask.

So I'm happy with 405b. Couple of bugs in the game, but with the second Beta D3D DLL, it works great. I just had to shut off trilinear filtering, detailed textures, and set skin detail to medium. At 1152x864, I was getting around 45 FPS in 16bit, 25 to 30 in 32bit, livable.

- I installed 413 (DualHead enabled) Ewwww.
                          - Put in beta 2. Eh, not as good.
                          - Shut off DualHead, back to normal.
                          - Turned on USWC (whatever it is) in the BIOS. HOLY COW!! Framerates DOUBLED. If you've ever played CTF DiamondSword, the part I used to get 19FPS (the lowest), down below on the gantry looking up at the redeemer window, I'm now getting 38! It's holding steady at 45 in most places, and spikes up to 85! Woo-hoo!
                          - Tried 413 again. Ewww.

UT's configured for 1152x864, 16bit, no trilinear, no detailed textures, med skin detail, HUD enabled, but about 2/3 normal size.

With this driver setup:

- TurboGL works for HL, but a bit slower (5 to 10 FPS) than I'm used to
                          - Armada plays singleheaded if I set the G400 MAX to >= the res on the MII.
                          - Haven't tried Q3A yet.

Just my $0.02
                          The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
                          X