G400 Max & Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max & Q3

Just purchased a G400 Max. Installed the lastest driver for win98 from the matrox sight.But as far as running quake3 goes as soon as the intro is finished all i get is a black screen and only thing left working is my reset button. I have done some reading on murc and my card is now on irq9 all by its self, but it dosent seem to make any difference. My setup is as follows: P3-600b,256mb pc133 ram,asus P3v 133fsb mainboard,network card, running win98SE. My moden is connected to my linux router so i dont have that worry. Can anyone give me help. The flyby demo software works perfect as does the bundled version of "expendable", but no quake 3. Thanks in advance.

What kind of card was in the system before? It could be related to left-over drivers from your old card.

My first suggestion would be to delete the config.cfg from the game's folder, and try again. It may be setting the game to run with voodoo drivers or something...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi Nev

Im no expert on this subject , but im sure if you give some system info the people hear will be able to help.

The only thing I can think of is that the card might not be seated in the agp slot properly,this I have read before at this forum.

Hope that you get fraggin soon

Regards aKa Max-Payne

Comment

Hi Nev

Im no expert on this subject , but im sure if you give some system info the people hear will be able to help.

The only thing I can think of is that the card might not be seated in the agp slot properly,this I have read before at this forum.

Hope that you get fraggin soon

Regards aKa Max-Payne

[This message has been edited by mathew (edited 02 April 2000).]

Comment

Kruzin,
          It was an Asus v3800/32mb tnt2 ultra.
          But i.ve already crossed that bridge by completely wiping my hdd and re-installing with the G400 from scratch.

Thanks anyway
          Still hoping.

Comment

Try the PowerDesk 5.41 and/or 5.30. Many people with non-Intel chipsets have had better luck with them than the 5.52 drivers.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Can't guarentee anything,but you may want to read through this thread.
              http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008282.html

Or use pd 5.30

[This message has been edited by Alfie (edited 02 April 2000).]

Comment

In my case degrading to pd 5.41 resolved this kind of problem

Comment

Working...
                X