Messiah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messiah?

I have the full game. I can't remember a game that has me engrossed as much as Messiah is now. I am having NO issues at all with the game. I am running it at 1024x768 32 bit color with very few slowdowns (large firefights). The game crashed to the desktop only one time in the 10 hours or so I have been playing it. I highly recommend this game to anyone. It is great.

------------------
    BreadFan

Soyo SY-6BA+IV , Pentium III 500MHz, SoundBlaster Live Value, 20.5gb IBM 34 GXP ATA/66 hard drive, 384mb PC100 RAM, 3Com 3C905 TX 10/100 PCI NIC, and a freakin' awesome Matrox G400Max!!
    BreadFan

Asus CUSL2 mobo
    PIII 800MHz FCPGA 133MHz Bus
    512MB Crucial PC133 RAM
    30.7GB IBM 75GXP ATA/100 HD
    Soundblaster Live Platinum
    3Com 3C905-TX NIC
    Viewsonic PS790 19" Monitor
    BBNow Cable Modem Service
    Windows 2000 Professional and a freakin' awesome Matrox G400Max!!

I'm in the market for a new game (aren't I always...).

It's between Messiah and Thief 2. Any thoughts?

I've never played either (nor Thief 1) but both ideas intrigue me greatly.

Should I possess someone or should I sneak by talking guards?

BTW, my favorite games are UT & TFC (finished Half-Life, add ons, & Mods).
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Messiah?

Anyone have Messiah yet? I would like to know how the full version performs agains the demo/test they released a while back. Are there any problems running the game? I hear a lot of people are having trouble, especially the GeForce people. When will they ever learn?

Comment

i give messiah the thumbs up.

runs great on my puter at 10224x768x32 with no slowdown.
        -----------------------------------------
        intel pIII 550/384 megs memory
        abit bh6 motherboard
        8 gig maxtor/8 gig maxtor
        12 gig quantum bigfoot/18 gig 7200 rpm western digital
        scsi 24x cdrom/scsi zip drive
        scsi cdr/pioneer scsi dvd-rom dvd-303
        4.3 gig scsi western digital enterprise
        matrox g400 max/rainbow runner g-series
        sb live value/3com etherlink III
        adaptec 2940u/SIIG internal usb hub
        logitech wingman warrior/ms freestyle pro/usb to psx controler
        ms natural keyboard/ms intellimouse explorer
        17inch primary display/15 inch secondary display
        no floppy drive
        American-Media Q452-ATX Case/external 2 bay scsi case

Comment

Hi Curse,
          now that I call a large desktop.
          How many monitors fit on your desk?

Alegria

------------------
          The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
          Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
          Bob Dylan

Comment

In my opinion the Thief 2 much better than the Messiah.

Comment

Alegria i have 3 monitors crammed onto my desktop. i did this by moving my desk one monitors width away from my wife's desk and nailing a piece of 2x4 onto the side of her desk to act as a ledge that way my amiga 1200 tower can also fit in that gap

my wife only has 2 monitors on her desk which fit nicely since it is a big desk.

what i really want at home is a desk like the one i have at work. at work i am the sys admin and i have a $15,000 ergotron desk that hold everything (including the kitchen sink). soon as my wife gets arround to cleaning up in here i'll take a picture with my sanyo digital camera and post it.

Comment

thecurse,

I see you have an Amiga. I'm also a owner of an Amiga too. I loved and still love my Amiga 4000 (68040/50) …… I will never sell it that’s for sure (I used to do 3danimations with my friends back at 1993/4 with my Amiga and Lightwave v3.5 that even now PC users will envy .

But i haved used it for a long time now.(i'm studing here in England for 5 years now and my Amiga is back home).
                Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

I mean "i haven't " .....
                  Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Man, people still have Amigas?!? I had a 500 then a 2000. In fact, I just threw out the original bill of sale when I got the 2000 ($2400 back in '88).

When did they make the 4000? I remember the 3000. I thought the only thing to survive the Amiga was the Video Toaster...

Ahhh, those were the days!

Sorry to hijack the Messiah thread to talk Ami but I couldn't resist - what a great computer. Too bad Commodore ran it into the ground. I still remember discussions I had with Dave Haynie (sp?) about the architecture of the 500. Truely a computer marvel that died too soon.
                    PIII 550@605
                    IWill Motherboard VD133
                    VIA Chipset
                    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                    DirectX 8.0a
                    SB Live! Value
                    8x DVD (Toshiba)
                    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                    3Com CMX Cable Modem
                    Optiquest V95 19"
                    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                    Microtek flatbed scanner
                    Intellimouse Explorer
                    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

ahartman,

The Amiga 4000 was the fastest Amiga that Commodore had made(it was the top-line of the Amigas).

It started with a Motorola 68040 at 25Mhz and when up to 50Mhz like mine (But there is always the PowerPC CPU update for all the Zorro slots capable Amigas).
                      The Amiga 3000 had a Motorola 68030 CPU.
                      Gateway 2000 bought the Amiga Co. 3 years ago if i remember correctly, but sold it some months ago!!!!!!!

I also have a A500 Plus and a Amiga CD32
                      In fact the Amiga was the only computer that could Emulate another system faster than the actual system. This happened with a Mac emulator that could make an Amiga(A4000) running 40% faster compared to a real Apple Quandra(I think that’s the name???) with the same CPU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is for all the nostalgic Amiga-fans (don’t worry the new Amiga will be out soon....check TheRegister if you don’t belive me .

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 06 April 2000).]

Comment

Yes people still have and use amigas.

Amiga's future looks not bright but promising. And the fact that it has not died in spite of the MAJOR stupidity of the latest commercial owners speaks for itself.

I have

Amiga 1200 030 FPU 16 MB RAM 3,5 GB HD

Best sites for amiga related info are
                        www.realdreams.cz/amiga www.amigarealms.com

People and commercial companies are still making soft and hardware for amiga computers. So the scene is not dead at all.

Sorry for disturbing this topic flow but it was cool to see that you can meet amigas even on this totally non amiga related channel.

Comment

Working...
                        X