Haig, Matrox Q3A server out-of-date..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig, Matrox Q3A server out-of-date..

Can you update it to 1.16n, so that Point Release users can connect to it?

.Tumu
    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Will do. It should be updated sometime this week.

Haig

Comment

I don't think its a version problem, I've tried both point releases ... the MGI Q3A server has been down for weeks. See "What's up w/ MGI Q3A server?". Too many people enjoying UT instead.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 11 April 2000).]
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

what's the IP?

Comment

password murc

xortam: When are we going to convert you to UT?

Comment

Erh...where does one enter the password under Q3A?

Comment

Now it works like a charm. Thanks Haig. I noticed that you don't have sv_maxRate set. You could set that to some appropriate value (8000 to 10000) to limit the max. outgoing bandwidth per player, so that one player can't use most of the available bandwidth (if there are many players on the server). Also the g_motd is a tad too big, it tends to go over the screen borders in 640x480 resolution.

Sun, toggle the console and type \password murc.

.Tumu

[This message has been edited by Tumu (edited 11 April 2000).]
              64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
              Win98 finnish

Comment

Hi Tumu,

We haven't done anything special for the Q3 setup.

What values would you like us to put in?

Haig

Comment

Well Haig, sv_maxRate 10000 would be nice for all connections. And for the g_motd variable, just shorten the motd message few characters (I think 3 or 4 characters will do just fine) so that it will fit in 640x480 screen.

.Tumu
                  Win98 finnish

Comment

Hey xippo, took me a while to see your post ... I've been in tax hell this week (kill me now!!!). I tried to pick up UT a few weeks ago but the shelves were empty. I just need to get my a*s out the door and look for it again. You guys will probably be off to the next game by the time I get the knack of UT but I'll still give it a try. Keep up the carnage until I get there.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                    X