Descent3 patch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent3 patch problem

I have this game bundled with SBLive! Digital Entertainment. Installation is OK, but I know I have to patch it to get EMBM.
    So, I download the 1.2 patch, but the patcher says "No old file found, but a file with the same found. Since old file not found, no patch was applied."
    Next time I push the "update" button in luncher, the same message appears. What can I do?

There are usually two reasons for this. Both have the same result. No can patch. The game will have a different executable file than the original. One reason is that the company that put out the special version wants thier hardware to work really well with it and so it is tweaked. The other is that it is only a fancy shareware version, and no mods or patches (except if made for it)will work for it. I have had both of these. One that comes to mind is the version of GLHexen2
    that came with my Matrox M3D. It worked great with the M3D, but no patches worked and no mods worked. Also I couldn't play multi with anyone who had the retail ver. It also lacked some of the levels of the retail game. But it was tweaked for the PowerVR Chipset and it was fast and gorgoues on it. And always worked right.
    Maybe I am wrong with your specific prob (hope so) but, usually it is this way.

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.5010, 1 grey cat, one black cat and one calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

I don't think it is a demo that has 2 CDs. I got a reply from Interplay said that either I got a OEM version or I got a patched version. In main menu a V1.0 shown, so I guess it's the former condition.
      So, no EMBM? This make me feel a little disapointed...

Comment

I look for the website of Outrage, and finally found I should install the patch of Australian version (although I lived in Taiwan), and the patch can be installed scuuessfully. Now I can use EMBM, and WOW! I LOVE IT. However, this means the auto update bring me to the wrong patch version, I think this can be improved.
        Finally I have a EMBM-enabled game to enjoy!

Comment

Glad ya got it sorted out, Mike. Looks like you are a worthy detective. I had a thought about foreign versions last nite, but I figured you would tell us if it was, so I didn't bother to post. But no matter, you got it.

------------------
          AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hmmm, I would like to ask a question.
            Is the EMBM aspplied only on those bots?
            I can't see if other objects has it.

Comment

Working...
            X