UT: Problem with zooming with rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT: Problem with zooming with rifle

i was playing in assault mode last night and i was doing alot of sniping. there was this map (forgot name) that as offense, you have to run pass this long road into the castle and the defense would try to stop you from getting into the castle. when i try to zoom in to snipe the offense, i notice that whenever i 'look' around while i was zooming (8.3x) in that part of the road would be blinking in and out. is this a bug in the driver or game, or do i have to turn on something?

i also noticed that in a map in CTF where there are 2 tower facing each other (facing i think) and there's a rifle on top of the tower. if i am in the second floor with the rifle zooming in on the top of the other floor, and there happens to be people out there but out of reach(didn't stand all the way out), i can still see their legs through the wall. and something i can even see a whole person and it looks like they are jumping off the tower since they look like they are going down and the next sec, they just disappeared.

also, what are you guys using as timedemo in UT? i did a search in this forum and found some people using the phobia timedemo. are there others out there?

thanx for your time

------------------
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Sorry, no help but I can confirm the same thing on Facing Worlds. I can't even remember how many clips of ammo I went thru before realizing I was seeing thru walls.

I'm running 5.41 drivers and I did NOT get the latest patch to UT - just the bonus pack.

Andy
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem