KX133 user + G400. Guide for U to play Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KX133 user + G400. Guide for U to play Q3

Okie..I still seeing some pple having problem with their KX133 mobo and G400 Combo.

There r few ways around it.

For Asus K7V user goto this site for more info http://www.k7.com

The forum is v active. Might hv some answer there. But i hope the guide below helps.
    wont Bootup after this...I hv a fix for this.

Fresh install Win98SE

Then update ya device driver using VIA 4-1 4.20.

Install only the VIAGART driver as TURBO. The rest dun bother. Win98SE has built in support for them. Simple?

Leave out the Bus mastering and use the Win98SE default VIA Busmastering driver. Its a certified driver. Dun b bother with the Date.

Then install the PD 5.41 Driver. Copy the g400icd.dll frm windows\system and place it in a folder. Then removed PD 5.41 driver and upon reboot install PD 5.52 driver. Then overwrite the PD 5.52 ICD driver with the 5.41 ICD driver.

Reason...PD 5.52 driver will crash upon loading Quake 3. 5.41 is the only driver tat works fine wif Quake 3.

Strictly No TurboGL!!!BTW, Athlon user wont mind having a little performance hit with the PD 5.41 ICD driver. Its v stable. I assured U.

OR u can use Paraknowya's mix n match driver. I dunno why the rests dun like it. But personally, i felt he did a great job to the Matrox community. Matrox made great card. But the driver sector has always turn me off. I meant not all users will go into all the trouble of flashing bios, update driver, update device driver...n etc. http://www.paraknowya.de/

I hope this will even out all the issues related to KX133/Pro133 user.

Also, its recommended not to place any card on the 1st PCI slot. Usually, this slot will share its resource with AGP slot. Esp card tat need a delicated IRQ. U will sure hv problem with G400. G400 dun like to share IRQ with others.

Athlon 682mhz(105mhz)BIOS 1005
    ASUS K7V
    128mb Hyundai PC100
    Matrox G400 DH 32mb (Monster Sound 3D M80
    SigmaMagic Hollywood + (1.81 driver)
    IBM 22GXP 9.1gb (ATA66 + 7200RPM)
    Quantum CX 10.1gb (ATA66 + 5400RPM)
    Toshiba SD-M1202 6x DVDrom

From all of us,
    Thank you for the time and effort you put in to your post.
    Hopefully others will read it and get some insight as to solving their problems.

Comment

Its a pleasure tat i can B of some help to this community.

I hope the rest hv zero problem using the KX133 and G400 combo.

Comment

Working...
      X