5.53 rulez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurel,

thanks a lot for the screenshots though it's really curious, I never had the menu screen corruptuin with any of my nor with any of Matrox' drivers.

The shadow ICD 32bit problem is there for me too and yeah it's a driver thingy I suppose which should be fixed.

Concerning the performance increase, o.k. I just asked because I got mails from ppls who reported a good performance increase but they might have jumped from 5.52 to 5.55 so they left out 5.53 which already gave us a performance increase! =)

kindest regards
    PKY

Comment

Performance on my system.
      Quake3 demo001:
      5.53.017 - 53.6 FPS
      5.53.017 - 55.3 FPS /with new BIOS
      5.55.022 - 55.1 FPS /with new BIOS

As you can see the results are a bit weird. The only explanation I have for the 5.55 performance is that my G400 is now having to share IRQ10 with my Accton NIC and my Yamaha SC. Can't change the IRQ arrangements even by my M/B BIOS for some reason

------------------
      Shoyu
      Celeron 300A, Asus P2B, 128MB PC-100, Matrox G400 MAX.

Comment

Shoyu, thanks a lot for the short list of results. Yeah it really looks a bit curious but hey, it is possible that IRQ sharing influences this or that each driver works differently in your system.

best regards
        PKY

Comment

ALBPM:

How would using a 3rd party driver wipe your BIOS. I doubt if there are any progBIOS utils in the driver...

- Anders

Comment

Sometime at work at work we have the same problem with IRQ conflicts & just move the board to a different slot.
            I believe each slot has its own irq on some boards. Also, I think generally it shares a PCI slot with a AGP slot on the same IRQ. On ours it is the one closest to the AGP slot.

Comment

Working...
            X