No announcement yet.

UT 4.20 is out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried putting the (D3DDrv.dll) file from 4.05 into 4.20 yet??? That's how most of us got 4.13 to work properly.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I tried several DLLs from 405. But UT just started in a windowed mode. Try 420 without AGP textures. I have no problems with that (
      K6-3/400, 128 MB, G400 32MB).

Comment

I was foolish...I was really happy with my performance with ver. 4.05, but grew tired of the "assertion failed..actor class" crash that happened occasionally and was fixed in the later versions.

No more crashes, but the game is so choppy in heavy action now I don't even bother playing it. Nothing else in my system has changed. As mirp did, I tried replacing the d3ddrv.dll of ver. 4.20 with 4.05, and as he/she found, it will only run in software mode, even if I select D3D in set up.

Paulcs is right...the ever diminishing performance of UT is disheartening!

John

------------------
        PIII750 => 840 MHz, Asus P3B-F, G400MAX (PowerDesk 5.52), lots of PC133 memory, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2, 2048 drivers), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0A, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HD (no more...it died!), Plextor UtraPlex Wide, Plexwriter 8/20 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X