Half-Life & G200...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life & G200...

I'm having a problem while playing H-L: during the game I'm experiencing some texture corruptions usually to buttons, lights, player models ... but sometimes to the whole level too!)

Another major problem: whenever I quit playing (by pressing the Esc key) the game crashes throwing me back to the Desktop at the infamous 640x480 resolution.

Do you have an idea of what's wrong?
    I've the latest driver installed (5.52)...

I'm having the same. Chrashing problems.
    Will try WinME and new BIOS over the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

- Anders

Comment

I've already tried the new BIOS, but the situation is the same!

Maybe WInME can do it... even if I'm a bit sceptical.

Thank you in advance!
      Off course, if I find a solution I'll post it here to be shared

AvA

Comment

I'm having the same problem using a 5.41drv/5.30PD hybrid w/HL v1.0.1.3.

When I used to play more often several months ago I didn't have this problem. Several months ago I also wasn't using the 5.41 drivers or the 5.30 PD(I think). So, that leads me to conclude that the problem must have first appeared with either the 5.41 ICD or the 5.30 PDesk.

Try dropping back to straigh 5.30 drivers and PD and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't go back further to 5.25, and if that still doesn't do it then just keep moving backwards until you wind the one that does work.

I suspect that if you try the 5.30 drivers that everything should work fine though.

Good luck.

Ian
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Ok, I didn't see spec's on your system, but I have a G200 on an EPOX MVP3G, and had many of the same problems you listed. Use the 5.25 drivers. They are the most stable that I've found yet (I've tried 4.30, 4.41 and 5.52, all caused various crashes and corruptions).

I don't know if it is the VIA drivers (which may be part of it), or the Matrox drivers, but most likely the two of them together.

Using 5.25 drivers with the not quite latest VIA drivers (4.17 I believe), Everything works great, except Homeworld in OpenGL is a bit wonky at times (but it looks dang pretty). That is my reccomendation.

Oh, and I would say stay away from WinMe if at all possible. For your own sanity if nothing else... there are many bugs and compatibility problems to be worked out yet, between it and many pieces of software.

Comment

Working...
          X