• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex (or UT) and G200 NO TEXTURE,ALL BLACK

Hi!
    Just downloaded the Deus Ex demo.
    As in UT demo, I get NO TEXTURE.
    All black except for some textured object.
    I 've 5.52 drivers a G200.
    Please help me!

Sys:
    P2 350
    192 MB Ram
    G200
    DX 7.0A
    SB Live! Value

Thanks!
    Stefano aka Pitta

Ciao!
    Stefano aka Pitta

Well, I've got a similar setup to yours, and I too get the same problem. It seems to me that the new drivers cause a busmastering problem with the sb-live. I didn't experience this problem before, but now i do. This conflict with the sblive is most rampant among the G400s but it seems to have affected the G200s now... so just turn off the busmastering and the thing should work, but at a slower speed...

Does any other DirectX game have the same problem on your system?
    For me, all other DirectX games work except for UT when busmastering is turned on... if you're ambitious, you may want to try out pre 5.52 drivers... If you do, please tell me the result! Thanks.

Comment

The only way to solve the problem was to revert to older drivers.
      With 5.41 drivers, all is OK.
      BTW, with 5.41 drivers I solved A LOT of problems I weren't aware of: now I see correct (read: A LOT nicer) icon colors: something I did not realize when in february I put the new drivers.
      It seems to me the 5.52 has A LOT of problems, but they are now pretty old (4 months)...I hope Matrox didn't drop the G200....I've read A LOT of people complaining expecially about UT powered engines.

Do you solved this kind of problem disabling bus muster still with 5.52 drivers?
      Are their performance better than 5.41?
      Considering that Matrox didn't have a good uninstall driver program and that's really a pain to disinstall drivers (registry keys, and so on..) I want to be sure before returning to 5.52.
      Thanks.

Ciao
      Stefano aka Pitta
      Ciao!
      Stefano aka Pitta

Comment

I dont about busmastering problems, but the black texture problem in UT for 5.52 + G200 can be solved by going in to the advanced options (type preferences [return] in the console) go to rendering D3D, and make multitexture disabled....worked for me anyway don't know what the equivalent would be in Deus Ex (this game use Unreal (1) engine?)

------------------
        Chris Thompson

Celeron 366 @ 567
        G400 @ 145/210 16Mb S/H
        Chris Thompson

Celeron 366 @ 567
        G400 @ 145/210 16Mb S/H

Comment

Nope.
          The multitexture thingie doesn't work. But OpenGL works though. Insane right? Heck. I'll be trying 5.10beta. Maybe its better. I think that 5.41 with bus mastering is better than 5.52 without. Cos without bus mastering on 5.52, my FIFA 2K jerks badly. So there, it seems ONLY UT has a problem with 5.52. Irritating. Maybe they should get it fixed soon.

Comment

No go for 5.50beta!... It seems they screwed something in the drivers since 5.41.

Comment

No go for 5.50beta!... It seems they screwed something in the drivers since 5.41.

Comment

The 5.41 drivers are the last known good drivers for the G200. Some people using intel based mobo's have reported that the 5.52 drivers work on their systems, but by in large, they don't work.

I would recomend making a hybrid of the 5.30 PowerDesk and the 5.41 drivers(the 5.41 PD is when that obnoxious stuttering problem was introduced). Extract the 5.30 drivers and the 5.41 drivers to individual directories. Copy all of the pd*.* files from the 5.30 folder to the 5.41 folder. Run the install in the 5.41 folder as normal.
                My experience has been that this is the most stable and most widely compatable driver combo.

Good Luck
                Ian
                Primary System:
                MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                Seccondary System:
                Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                Tertiary system
                Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
                X