the Best Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Best Drivers

Hey, this is my first post - you folks have a great forum here. I have a Vanilla 32 meg G400 with an SS7 Epox MVP3G-M board with a K6II 400, 128 megs of ram. With considerable effort (2 days) I got this to work with my system, and everything seems to be working well. I'm running Powerdesk 5.21 right now - is there any advantage to upgrading to a newer version of Powerdesk?

Thanks a Million

Charles

------------------
    What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?
    What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?

I guess so, try 5.52 or even 6.0 Beta.
    Be sure to uninstall your current drivers before installation with Matrox´s uninstall utility.

If you´re not happy, you can always revert to your current drivers.

Comment

i myself wouldnt suggest the 5.52 drivers, if you want maximum compatability with your SS7 motherboard, id suggest using 5.30, i havent tried the beta, but at minimum i suggest u go up to at least version 5.30 as it will probably give you a wider range of working applications (if you play games lots)

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

The 5.30 drivers work very well with the MVP3G-M, also I suggest that you flash the vidio card BIOS to the latest version for best results. I have a MVP3G-M rev 0.4 mother board and a K6 III 450, 128 megs sdram etc. and a G400MAX, works real good, and looks great at 32bit color and 32bit z buffer. I have not tried the newer drivers on the EPoX machine because I am now running an Athlon 750 with AMD chip set and G400MAX. Very happy with both!!!
        No dummy, its rape, pilage, and THEN burn.

Comment

Working...
        X