Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible performance but a weird problem on G200 with Deus Ex.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible performance but a weird problem on G200 with Deus Ex.

Hi!
    Following some tweak guides I managed to go from all way down sliders on graphic, 640X480@16bit to a really playable 800X600@32 all maxed out (even curved surfaces).
    The really strange thing is that I have a Matrox G200 card on a P2 350 MHz with 192 MB PC133 Ram and not a MEGA Computer :-)
    Now I have only one last problem I would like to resolve: when I select Detail Texture, all goes well for some time (little, one minute) , I see ALOT better and really low impact on performance, BUT after a minute all is messed up, I get a strange 'black aura' around me that mess up the graphics (in particular lighting).
    Is there anything I can do?

BTW, for all that have the old G200, here's how I managed to get the game awesome looking and really playable.
    I get PD6 BETA drivers even if they're for G400 only, then I substitute the .inf file with the 'beta' one for G200 provided from MatroxUsers web site: this is needed couse it 'unlocks' the driver for G200.
    Remember to uninstall older drivers with the uninstaller program provided by Matrox.
    Before of this I had to use 5.41 drivers, couse latest ones, 5.52 didn't work with UT engine powered games (known problem).
    BTW, these drivers are ALOT more stable and faster than previous ones.
    I have all options on in Advanced Graphics, even 32 bit Z-buffering.
    On advanced options in Deus Ex I selected ALL, in particular I set the cache to 32 and activated AGP Memory, wich seemes to improve frame rate in a really noticable manner.

Hope it helps.

Ciao!
    Stefano aka Pitta
    Ciao!
    Stefano aka Pitta
Working...
X