MGI server TCowMeshSkins problem fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGI server TCowMeshSkins problem fixed

A big thanks to everyone involved with trouble-shooting this problem, but especially to Haig (for fixing the files on the server) and to Oboy (for posting the original files to the Clan-Mu site for us).

For anyone that now experiences the mismatched TCowMeshSkins problem on the MGI server:

1) Download the twocowsfix.zip file from the Clan-Mu site.
    2) Extract the TCowMeshSkins.int to your UnrealTournament/system directory, overwriting the one there (the one that you're overwriting came from the CowSh1t.zip file).
    3) Extract the TCowMeshSkins.utx file to your UnrealTournament/textures directory, again overwriting (the one there came from the same place as the one in the system directory).
    4) Connect to the MGI server and frag away!

The problem we (most of us, anyway) were experiencing is caused when we replace the TCowMeshSkins files that were installed by the Bonus Pack. Those files are needed to connect to any servers other than the MGI server that have the Bonus Pack installed. However, before Haig restored the Bonus Pack versions, we had to have those two files from the CowSh1t.zip installed, or we couldn't get into the MGI server. Now that he's restored the originals, all should be well, as long as your restore yours, too.

(Note for anyone doing a future UT reinstall and loading the skins from the Clan-Mu site: It's okay [and necessary] to install all the skins from each file there, except for the TCowmeshSkins files that are in the CowSh1t.zip. You still need to install the other OzUnreal files from that zip, however, to get into the MGI server.)

L8r, and see you on the MGI server soon, I hope!

------------------
    Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

I went through this last night. I had to update my UT and man it has become a major undertaking! Mods and skin and maps!

Comment

LOL Frank, welcome to the club then
      It's comparable to pulling out the engine of your Hot-Rod and putting it back in part by part...

I've only installed my UT about 4 times the past couple of days, and no Ace, as you said in one of the other threads, I'm NOT doing it again

Jord, finally at peace (pieces) with his UT

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07 July 2000).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden,
        Did you get it working???

Oboy
        Time to make the wafers!
        Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
        jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

I know I had my share of problems with getting the new skins loaded, but last night playing with Darth (aka ALBPM) and his new Lord Maul skin -- it was almost worth it. He scared the heck out of me. He was harder to hit too.

LAMFDTK also had a cool looking skin -- not sure what it's called, but he looked like a "Transformer" toy.
          My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Yes Oboy, I did
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

LOL....Thanks Beezer, I've been having fun with the new Darth_Mahl skin. I need all the help I can get with a crappy phone line and a modem. The bad thing is the Lord Maul skin doesn't support teams colors. I'll keep using it as long as you guys don't mind that part.

I do enjoy watching players Freeze when they see me for the first time...LOL

Haig doesn't seem to have any problem getting his 'Head shots' on my Horny Red Head...LOL
              That does make a good target.

Thanks for the COOL skin Haig

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yeah his name is crawly skinny Darth now Let's hope we fixed those skins so we all can use a new one.

CT
                ©¥ßê®têk

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Paul aka Crawly Skinny Darth_Mahl[MU]

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 07 July 2000).]
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Great news, Jorden!

And thanks to CyberTek and Haig, I now know why I couldn't use the Spawn skin on the server. Now that my UnrealTournament.ini is up-to-date, look out for Spawn!

BTW- if anyone runs across a black ninja skin (Spawn's as close as I've seen yet), please let me know. Snake-Eyes, as some of you know, was chosen because it's also the name of the G.I. Joe team member that was a ninja (childhood thing, hehe).

Cya online!

------------------
                    Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                    X