Anyone running Rayman 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Rayman 2?

Finally got my G400 working in my new system tonight, but when I try to get past the start screen in Rayman 2, the program kicks me out via a Fatal Error, which requires me to reset the system, can't even go back to Windows..

I'm using the 5.4 drivers, 6.01 my system didn't like at all..

Aaron

I previously had a problem with Rayman 2.

I noticed that I was running my desktop in 32 bit mode so I tried switching to 16 bit mode and hey presto!! Rayman ran extra smooth and looked superb.

I guess this is because Rayman 2 supports Glide so maybe even the D3D version doesn't support 32 bit colour?

Hope this helps

Jon

------------------
    P111 667 (133x5), Tyan S1854 Trinity 400, 128Mb PC133, G400 MAX
    XP1800+ MSI 746Ultra 256Mb Corsair PC2700 MSI GF4800SE SBLive! WD 80GB 7200 DVD CDRW

Comment

Hey thanks Jon! I am indeed running my desktop in 32bit color, and at 1280 x 1024 no less, I'll try 16bit at 1024 x 768.

Aaron

Comment

Did it work ?!?
        XP1800+ MSI 746Ultra 256Mb Corsair PC2700 MSI GF4800SE SBLive! WD 80GB 7200 DVD CDRW

Comment

Sorry, I'm not at home right now, so I can't try for another six hours or so. Will post back if that solves the problem.

Aaron

Comment

Back home again! Just had to write in and say that RAYMAN 2 Rocks!! I was jumping the gun a bit last night though, my system was definitely NOT up yet. It is tonight though! Played Rayman 2 for a couple hours, this could definitely get addicting. I love the graphics on this game, man this blows away any game I've had my eyes on before (but hey, all my games are at least three years old, cut me a break!) Don't know if this is stressing the G400/Athlon650 combo or not, I've turned it up to high res and that seems to be the only option. Runs smooth as silk, killer music and sound effects, what more can I say??

Cheers all, looks like a great start to a long line of awesome gaming...

Aaron

P.S. For a description of what my real problem with this game (and as it turns out, just about any application, but games especially), read my latest post in Matrox Hardware 'It Lives Part Deux:The Wrath of ACPI'

[This message has been edited by aaroncgi (edited 02 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X