Crazy textures in FS98/2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy textures in FS98/2000

3 days ago I got a MGA Mill. G400 and I immediately installed the hardware together with the 5.52 release-Drivers and FS98 and Fs2000. As I tried to fly around I noticed several ugly errors: Some textures seem to change their appearance in a period of approx. a half second. It looks like an infinite "flicker". Beside that, my system slows down or sometime crashes when starting up the Win98 desktop (Powerdesk ?)
    My question: Have I installed the wrong graphic-drivers, is a wrong MGA BIOS the source of the errors or is there another problem source ? Please I need help ! Does anybody know how to solve these problems ?

My system: PIII 733 (133 Mhz FSB), 128MB ram, American Megatrends BIOS, MGA Mill. G-400 AGP, SP live! 1024, Win98

the 5.52 drivers are correct for G400 but they are not the latest, 6.04 are.I assume that your board has a 1/2 agp divider for your 133fsb.are there any irq conflicts with your G400. best to leave slot 1 free as it uses same irq as AGP.do you get any error message when you crash? more details of your system would be helpful!!

Comment

Working...
    X