How select matrox with Voodoo 5500 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How select matrox with Voodoo 5500 ?

I want to play pc game only. Which would I buy card between matrox with Voodoo 5500 ?

Thank you very much for every answer.

[This message has been edited by gamestarthai (edited 05 October 2000).]

I dont quite uderstand what you mean ..but if you ask what to buy for gameing on PC ..well G400 is a lovely & beautiful card but kinda old right now..so VOODOO5500 would be OK ..still I recommande GFRORCE2 GTS 32mb or 64, this is for real HARDCORE PC playing OR you can wait for the BEST CARD ON THE WORLD the MIGHTY MATROX G800..

but if you ask how to put tgether G400 & VOODOO5500 this cant go together because both are AGP cards & you have only 1 AGP slot & VOODOO5500 is 2D/3D AGP card just like G400 , GFORCE/GFORCE2GTS ATI READON & other ..!

bye !
    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

AGP

PCI for PC

PCI for MAC

Comment

Those pics are the actual pictures of the heat waves produced by the voodoo5. The voodoo5 doubles as a heating system for a 20,000 square foot building.

Comment

It depends on your PC specs. Describe it.

------------------
          "I wish I was a witch...
          ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Intel Atlanta 440LX 72Mhz FSB
          Celeron 468Mhz
          128Mb SDRAM PC100
          Soundblaster PCI128
          Matrox Millennium G400 SH 16Mb SGRAM AGP @147Mhz/196Mhz + attached fan

Windows 98 4.10.1998 + SP1
          IE 5.5
          DirectX 7a

Comment

If your only concern is games, get the VooDoo.

Rags

Comment

a viable solution might be to use a matrox card and a voodoo 4500(pci) together.it would cost about the same as a voodoo5500 and should tie you over until something better comes along.i am waiting for the 4500 myself,as i have a g400 dualhead.i couldnt live with out the dualhead or the great 2d of the g400.

Comment

Get the VOODOO 5, Please! My 3DFX stocks are in big trouble, we need all the help we can get!
                Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Thundrchez:

LOL

Comment

i read ,in one of the other forums,someone using a geforce gts and a voodoo5500(pci).he would use the bios to boot form either pci or agp to get the desired card.

Comment

Originally posted by gamestarthai:
                      I want to play pc game only. Which would I buy card between matrox with Voodoo 5500 ?

Thank you very much for every answer.

[This message has been edited by gamestarthai (edited 05 October 2000).]
                      Neither, buy a Radeon. It's the best card out there!

Comment

uuuuuuppppppsssss!...mybe you can put together G400/450 & VOODOO5500(PCI) still how to change between these card ?..You must to have a dual imput on your monitor (like I have on my PHILIPS BRILLIANCE 107P10 BNC/DSUB) or you must change the V-cable every time you like to use another card or is there some other way ?????

men dont bother you with thath, go for Gforce2GTS you will have quite good 2d & OUTSTANDING 3D performance between VOODOO5500 dosnt suport T&L & beleve me netxt-gen.HRDCORE PC games will give their best only with T&L..so FORGET VOODOO..
                        PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                        X