UT 60 Hz Refresh - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that's strange.

Uninstall your drivers using Add/Remove Programs. Also uninstall Powerstrip. Reinstall the matrox drivers (Don't put PS back on), and if it gives you the option to overwrite previous display settings and performance settings, allow it to.

It is imperitive that you have the "Monitor Settings Tab" there. This is what allows you to customize your display modes.

Rags

Comment

You are using 5.03???? Use the 5.14 drivers...sorry, I should have noticed that.
      There is no monitor settings tab for 5.03.

Rags

Comment

Didn't see 5.14 drivers on the Matrox web site. Installed 5.11. Seem to work ok.

I think I installed the drivers incorrectly the first time. I changed to the MAX from the GF2. Just now, I tried to remove the drivers in the Add/Remove Programs function and there were no Matrox drivers to remove. There were NVidia drivers though. Uninstalled the nVidia drivers, removed the adapter from the Device Manager and rebooted. Installed 5.11 with setup program.

Thanks for the help guys. I knew more advanced drivers were available, but in general, I don't use beta drivers.

Never mind about the 5.14 drivers mixup, I found them.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 10 October 2000).]

Comment

The 5.14's should work great.

Rags

Comment

Thanks again for the help Rags

Comment

No prob, so it worked?

Comment

Actually, I don't know. I had changed the refresh for UT in the dxdiag. I will leave well enough alone. However, I'm sure the drivers are loaded correctly this time. I change drivers and HW so seldom in W2K that I forget how.

Comment

Working...
                X