[MU]: UT CTF Tips and Strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MU]: UT CTF Tips and Strategies?

I would like to see some strategies people have adopted for [MU] or individually for CTF in UT. Are there standard behavior patterns expected and understood I may not know about?

Seems there are alot of sites using mutators. Is it expected (for example) that the person with the speed relic become the runner to get the flag? Is the person with the vengence relic supposed to hang out in the opposition area? Defence relic might be best used on defence in the flag area.

What about the other relics? Practically everyone has had more experience than I have.

How do tactics change when one is able to use the translocator? Anyone in charge of the redeemer? What about redeemer tactics?

What about a sniper in the tower maps? Anyone the designated sniper? or is it not important enough a function?

Feedback please

Here's my strategy....

Shoot the people wearing the other color and try not to get shot by them...

Sorry, that's about as far as I've gotten in the FPS strategies... Methinks I need more practice.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

LOL Amish - That's great for DM. CTF seems to allow more tactics than that. Even if you're frag bait, you can eat a speed relic and successfully bring the flag back.

Comment

You have already dug out a few good tactics with your questions. I guess it´s all about good planning and good teamwork.

One important thing is good planning and assigning each player to one or two functions, the ones that he´s good at. The rest is pure fun.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a relic. Maybe I haven't played the right server.

Or, what is more likely, I just don't know enough about the game.

Are they the Unreal "U" thingies?? How do you know which is which??

amish

Comment

Amish - You can read a quick description of the relics here:
            http://www.unrealtournament.com/bonuspackredme.html

If you want to see them in CTF action go to:

CyberTek and I (and others) have been playing there late at night (EST)

Comment

Oohhhh... So that's why the Matrox server has been deserted, eh?

thanks,

amish

Comment

Come on, publish some thoughts on this guys...

Either that or lets get together on a server and work on this together???

Oboy, are you there?

Comment

The best strategy is to work together in groups of two or three. One take the flag, the other one(s) backs him up, preferably on in front of him and one on hes back.

Comment

Brian R.,
                    Im working on getting us a server that we can have admin rights too. Then we can start haven matches and some get together's there to work on strategy.

Oboy
                    Time to make the wafers!
                    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Working...
                      X