I suck at UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suck at UT

Just ask Greebe. After the first game I was so ashamed I quit. And I'm not blaming the 2 second plus ping times either. Gotta play some more at home. Is there any way to get those maps that the server uses and practise offline? Help

UT Ultra Novice DentyCracker
    BTW Greebe I had the Duron stable in Win2k at 950, 1.80V(1.75 in BIOS) was playing with it at 700 though
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

I noticed your ping times were astronomical... I wouldn't expect even the best of players to have played marginally with pings around 3-4 sec! Do you know the source of the lag? Getting them pings down are neccessary for good game play.

Keep practicing, I'm sure you'll come around

(crank that puppy up there!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Under "Game" where "File" normally is in most software scroll down to "Practice Session"
      There you can set up to load any map, # of Bots and degree of difficulty.

Don't worry we were all pretty funny to watch when we first started playing.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

If it was a custom map (one that wasn't on the original game or the Bonus pack) you have to write down the name of the map and try to find it on the internet when you are done playing. I know that it downloads it somewhere, but I never can find it after I leave the server that I played it in. I know that it is still there somewhere because I don't have to download it next time I play that map on that server. I think it is stored in a cache file somewhere. I tried to back up my UT file to a CD, but it is 965 MB (most of it is maps).

Hang in there. We were all newbies once.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

For downloading maps see:
          http://clan-mu.matroxusers.com/

or
          http://planetunreal.com/nalicity/

Comment

Yeah really, Darth "Spinner" Mahl and his Trackman Marble FX were all to funny in the beginning! His pentabackspin would put a major whoopin on ya if you got too close to that lightsaber... Shoot, there were times I thought he'd fly apart, decomposing into some new freaky element... looked something like Turbonium bouncing off the walls!
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

What do mean used to....I still do

<FONT SIZE=4>... ROTFLMAO<SUP>tm</SUP> ...
              <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of ALBPM aka Darth Mahl [MU]<FONT SIZE=2>
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

UT[MU]: We live to suck...

Errrrmmmm....
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

The best ping times I can get will possibly be on the order of 500 ms if I use a certain ISP. That is until DSL gets here next year (hopefully) I'll be practising, I dled the maps from clan-mu so I'll get used to them eventually

1G froze at Win98 logo screen and didn't try it in 2000. I hear the week 36 Duron 600 will do 1G air cooled!

Jord: I'm sure Holly likes that hehehehe

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 20 October 2000).]
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2

Comment

Meaning what, Denty?

If you really think I would lay my sexlife out to you in Gaming, then think again. In the mean time I guess you didn't tune in to the last weekend's TSB Live video & Sound hidden thread

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Don't worry Denty, I get decent pings of 200-300 and I still suck.

Everytime I hit the server, though, it's empty. I even tried the TFC server last night, but it got really laggy and everyone left.

I wish I knew how to do those fancy flips and such....

amish
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

WAIT!! Jorden did you say hidden threads in TSB? You mean that there has actually been something interesting going on in there and it is HIDDEN? How do I gain access to those hidden threads?

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Hey, I have 20 pings to some servers and suck even more

Kindness, the thread exists, but there is nothing in there, and lots of it too

Comment

Hey Jord, that was a lame attempt at hunour by me, email me and I'll explain
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

If you haven't read this thread yet, do so: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004206.html
                              It works really well. When the MGI server is empty, it is a great way to find where we all are playing. This is good for many reasons: It's more fun to play with people you recognize; we won't give you a bad time if you suck (we'll still make fun of you, but usually for different reasons ); if you join a server that one of us "dialup users" found, there's a pretty good chance your connection will be OK too; and most importantly we all like to give advice and show tips to each other -- and it really does help make you a better player.

Anyway, last night Oboy, Ace and I were on the MGI server playing a little CTF. It was fun letting them stomp the life out of me and my worthless bot.
                              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
                              X