Direct3D in PD5.20 broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct3D in PD5.20 broken?

When I start Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed, it just keeps on accessing the harddisk at the "loading" screen, and when I taskswitch and run taskmanager, I can see that 830MB of memory are in use!!!! is this a massive memory leak in the PD 5.20 Direct3D implementation?

Also, 3DMark gives a lower score every time I run it.

seems like the uninstall also is broken... I have a lot of difficulties installing the 5.14 drivers again, because the setup won't finish properly any more (abortion code "Installation cancelled. Your display software may not rowk properly. To install properly, run this setup program again.")

Comment

I'm just about to install them, I'll do some memory useage checks with UT using 5.14 and then with 5.20 and see if I can spot any difference.

Comment

I've been able to get the 5.14 drivers install again, however, I am not sure on how properly they are installed. NF:PU still does odd, and tomorrow I will see if I can get the 5.20 drivers install without warnings again

Comment

I've got UT running in a window in the background right now on the 5.20 drivers. It doesnt seem to be using any more memory than with 5.14

I'll leave it a while and see if it leaks, but I don't think it will atm.

Comment

I reinstalled Win2k today, and that seems to have solved everything. Somehow I fuxxored my Win2k install, somehow. I think it was PowerStrip, but am not sure however. It did convince me enough not to install it again...

Comment

Working...
            X