v6.10 driver rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6.10 driver rocks!

Woah! This driver rocks!!!!!!!! It fixes every problems I have. HL graphic glitches, etc. I ran UT, Q3A, and HL and its mods. They all seemed to work! And is it me or do I noticed some speed gain? I must be dreaming! Anyone else notice this?

Note: I uninstalled the old drivers through add/remove to be safe!

[This message has been edited by antdude (edited 07 November 2000).]
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

I installed the new drivers in both G450 (MinME) and G400 MAX (W2K) machines without uninstalling the old drivers. So far, no problem.

Comment

Same here. I was able to install it without doing the uninstall thing first -- I have the G400 32MB Vanilla.

As promised, this new driver fixes the "swimming textures" in Stars Wars Pod Racer, which is good since I just got a force feedback steering wheel and have begun playing that game again lately.

I can't say for sure if there is a speed increase in UT or HL, but HL/mods seem to run better to me -- so far no crashes with CD music turned on (which has been a problem for me in the past).

[This message has been edited by Beezer (edited 08 November 2000).]
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Anyone tried the new drivers with Midtown Madness 2 yet? I get screwed up texture colors on the cars and the road when using the new drivers, but works great with the 6.04 drivers...

Please tell me if you encountered the same problem, hope it's not just me...

Thanks

------------------
        Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
        ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.25a, AGP 4.04
        128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
        Matrox G400Max PD6.04
        SBLive! LW3.0
        WinMe 4.90.3000 Full Retail
        Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
        ASUS P4T-EA
        Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
        ATI 8500 Retail
        SB Audigy Plat. ex+
        WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Yes same here Sanjuro,
          it sucketh I can tell you.
          Map window is screwed, building textures all over the street, hiccups, texture flickerin' on cars, in short ;totally f----d
          Looks like the focus of this driver update has been the quake-engines. I'm back at 5.52, most stable sofar. (half-life is perfect as well in OGL after a bit of fiddling with decal offsets)
          5.52 plays ANY game I have flawlessly at the cost of a few frames p/s
          See my posting a bit earlier.
          bruce c. sucks

Comment

Working...
          X