Special jumps in UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special jumps in UT

So, how do you do those special jumps in UT??

Been playing for awhile now and I'm looking into the more specialized moves of the game.

thanks,

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

I never do them myself just because they seem unnatural to do in the heat of battle. They are cool to look at, though.

double tap one of the arrow keys to do a special jump in that direction.

Comment

Make sure that in the Preferences tab the "dodging" box is checked. When you double tap the arrow in any direction it will appear to you that you lunge in that direction but to everyone else it looks like you do a flip. If you can remember to do it in the heat of battle it is pretty effective and it is really usefull for dodging snipers in face. You can be running forward and double tap the left key and you will suddenly dodge to the left while running. It is REALLY effective in low gravity. You can double tap in a direction and the low gravity allows you to dodge in that direction much faster than you can run and jump.

You do, however, have to be really carefull around cliffs and bridges. If you accidentally double tap a direction key you will find yourself skydiving every time.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

No, no, no... He means hammer jumping...

Paste this bind into your user.ini. Will give you maximum height possible from doing a 'hammerjump'.

Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=Ijump)

Bind the IJump to the key of your choice.

Now when running around make sure you have at least 54% health press and hold the key you have bound.... Look directly down and release the button to jump particularly high.

If you play a lot of Assault (Like Rat does) you use this all the time to get up to normally inaccesable places.

Next week we'll teach you hammer launching...

Rat

Comment

Hi Rat,
          I put this ket into the user.ini file but I can't find this option under Preferences\Control menu.
          Is that the place this option should be?
          SuRGV
          MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
          AMD Athlon 64 3200
          1024 MB PC3200 RAM
          WD 160 GB HDD
          2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
          ATI 9500 64 Videocard
          Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
          Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
          Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Hi SuRGV,

A few more tips for getting this going.

Add the line into your user.ini and make sure you remove the extra Aliases(25). You should have aliases ordinally from 0 to 39.

Now scroll down to find an empty space to bind the hammer jump to.

i.e. I use the x key for hammer jump
            X=Ijump

Just look for a key that isn't already being used. Anything with a letter on the left an equals sign and then nothing... i.e. p=

Other stuff I use as well is crouch mode where you are always crouching (Benefit: You can't be killed by a headshot. Takes 2 shots to kill you. Perfect for sniping)

The other 2 change my name on the fly from Ratboy and Ratboy.MOD for when I play clan matches.

Aliases[26]=(Command="Toggle bDuck | Axis aUp Speed=-300",Alias=Crouch)
            Aliases[27]=(Command="setname Ratboy",Alias=namerat)
            Aliases[28]=(Command="setname .Ratboy.][V][o][))",Alias=namemod)

Good luck... Need to get some assault going on the MURC server.

I found a great mod that has a voting system for selection of next map to play.

This server runs it but not sure where you get it from:
            $FCE2 Clan Server - BW League Map Cycle\193.130.127.66\7778\False

[This message has been edited by Ratboy UK (edited 10 December 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X